cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kaspersky Win 7 Cock–Up?

David_W
Rising Star

Re: Kaspersky Win 7 Cock–Up?

I too am using Kaspersky, umm, Anti-Virus 6.0 (I think thats the workstation version?) which broke IE badly, so in the options I turned off Web Anti-Virus and all went well after that, IE no longer crashes.  What I did find though is that allowing Java to run as a plugin on IE was a very bad idea, turned the quick load into a 30 second load, it got so bad I installed Chrome and now have kind of got addicted to that.
Still, 9 more days till Win 7 comes out, I really should consider starting to back up all my stuff before the clean install.... maybe later.
Not applicable

I really should consider starting to back up all my stuff before the clean install.... maybe later.

Spent several hours at the weekend doing just that - boring  but necessary.
Still got a few more last minute bits and pieces than ready for upgrade and hoping that it all goes OK.
Will check the Kaspersky forum and might put Avast on as a temporary measure if Kaspersky 2010 is still causing problems.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

KIS 2010 has now been released - not quite officially - but the release version is available from here http://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/9.0.0.735_release/
seems to be OK up to now on Windows 7 RC and accepts a commercial key
Not applicable

Received my copy of Windows 7 in the post yesterday but didn't realise until this morning because I hadn't checked it!  Embarrassed
Wondered what the parcel was as the release date is meant to be 22nd October 2009 - PCW must be trying to beat the potential postal strike. Will wait for Kaspersky to release the final compatible version before installing, although it is tempting to use the link above.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

In this thread Don Pelotas states that it is the final released version
Not applicable

Right - will now have to pluck up the courage to begin!
Oldjim
Resting Legend

One thing I have found is that the first full scan does slow the computer a bit but after that it apparently will be much less of a problem
One thing which is causing a slowdown problem on my system is the number of hidden files in the Vista boot partition (scan running under Windows 7)
David_W
Rising Star

735 got pulled and replaced with 736 due to too many bugs with 735, I'm using 736 currently and so far it seems to be working alright except its in trial mode and keeps popping up that annoying box!  I'm going to have to go buy a copy.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

and even 736 isn't RC  Shocked
David_W
Rising Star

It's not Beta because it needs a proper licence key, so if its not RC nor Beta, what is it?  Shocked
God
Grafter

To be fair to Kaspersky I must say that I am running 736 and all the original issues I posted about now seem to have been cured.