Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kaspersky Password Manager

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Kaspersky Password Manager

I use Kaspersky AV and find that Password Manager is included, so the other day I installed it.

One of the menu options is to import user-names and passwords from various sources including my Firefox browser.

I did this and soon noticed a number of 'dead links' with user-names and passwords.

In Firefox 'Logins and passwords can be easily edited and/or deleted.

So I looked for the same in Password Manager.

Does anyone use Kaspersky Password Manager and knows how dead entries can be removed.

Some of the 'dead links' are NAS drives that were equipped with an IP, a username and password.

These drives are no longer available.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
13 REPLIES 13
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: Kaspersky Password Manager

Interesting, that you should give your passwords to a Russian company  !   ? ? ? ?  

Strat
Community Veteran

Remember the old saying 'never judge a book by it's cover'.

Thank you for your contribution @shutter 

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Strat
Community Veteran

I've decided to uninstall the Password Manager until such time as I can find a solution or give up. 😞

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

I can heartily recommend 1Password if you want a good password manager Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Strat Sorry, I missed this, even though it is 'Latest topic'. You use Firefox don't you? There's a password manager installed on that, and it creates unique passwords (for most sites) - super-secure, like finance seem to block it in favour of their own systems, though.

John
Strat
Community Veteran

Thanks @dvorak.

The reason I chose Kaspersky Password Manager was because it is included in my Total Security package.

Maybe I will give it another go with the benefit of hindsight.

Strat
Community Veteran

Thanks @jab1 

Yes I do use Firefox and its password manager but I've just left it to do its stuff.

They seem to have made some improvements.

People seem not to like password managers built into browsers.

However any app you care to mention has its detractors.

So I will flip a coin.

PS One big advantage that Firefox password manager has over the Kaspersky offering is that redundant entries can be deleted 😎.

jab1
Legend

OK @Strat . I think it has vastly improved over the last couple of major upgrades, and as I can sync it between the laptops, iPad and iPhone, it saves having to remember which machines I haven't changed PW's on. I also use a master PW, so even if I did lose the Apple devices, it is  still secure.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Strat  I use keepass , its cross platform so works on my Windows, Linux and android devices

Its open source gpl , so you can inspect the source if you want to 

https://keepass.info/

Review here 

https://www.safetydetectives.com/best-password-managers/keepass/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I use Keepass which I have installed on a USB memory stick. When not in use it is unplugged and kept in a safe place away from computers. Consequently there is nothing stored on my PC.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

Another good option, @Baldrick1 , and I may consider that option as a third line of defence. Will it pick up previously created credentials?

I'm not too bothered about what is stored on the current equipment - it is all password/fingerprint access protected, so unless it was stolen by someone with a reasonable idea of how to bypass all that, they wouldn't get far anyway.😉

John
Strat
Community Veteran

Thank you @MisterW  and @Baldrick1 

That is a very interesting option.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Another option you may wish to look at @Strat is BitWarden  i have used it for a few years now , it is multi platform , open souce , has paid and free versions ( for most people free will be fine) 

I have found it to be very good 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.