greyposter
Grafter

Re: Kaspersky Internet security

I was upgraded to 2010 free of charge.
mal0z
Grafter

I see W H Smith are now selling the 3 license version of 2010  for "£29.99
Ok it can be bought cheaper online - but some people still prefer the ability of quickly popping into a local shop and installing it quickly - and yes I know about about the 30 day trial version .
[edit - just corrected spelling ]
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

mal0z
Grafter

Yes Jim - but £3.16 postage +£21.99 = £25.15
and not everyone likes buying by post or buying online with credit cards - especially at the moment - with the Royal Mail union selective disruption many offices have a big back log - I have had several letters take over a week or more to arrive.
And as a small charity - we have no credit / debit cards
Not applicable

Can't understand what's happened here - installed Kaspersky on my friend's computer back in March.
Got the machine back yesterday as it hadn't been updating for quite a while (she and the children are definitely not computer-savvy) and it was virtually locked solid - CPU 100% and Kaspersky wouldn't load. There was something about black keys but couldn't download the updates to correct. In the error log it went way back to April and references to kav. file problems.
Anyway, I ended up taking it out of startup, going into safe mode and then I was able to access the programme settings to switch it off. After that the machine was much better so I was able to uninstall with Revo Uninstaller.
Currently it has Avast on and something of a miracle - after scanning no infections.
Can't decide whether download Kaspersky 2010 and reactivate or to leave it as it is. Shame not to use it when it has been paid for.
Not applicable

Just a bit of advice needed please. Have downloaded 2010 on XP, put in the activation key and Kaspersky is up and running - seems OK now.
When I installed, it objected  to Windows Defender so I cancelled and uninstalled it before trying again. This time all was OK.
What I am wondering now is that when I come to update my own (running Vista and soon to be W7), Defender is integral and can't be removed.
Anyone found any solutions for this?
The previous version of Kaspersky (which I am running at the moment) didn't object to Defender although I currently have the real time scanning turned off. I did once try to switch it off altogether and the computer threw a hissy fit so had to restart it.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

2010 didn't object to Defender on my Vista machine - having said that I have Windows Defender turned off
greyposter
Grafter

It's fine on 'window defender' for me.
Not applicable

Can someone please tell me if it is a bit OTT to run NoScript if you have KIS 2010?
Looking at the blurb it seems to have covered everything (although not installed it yet - still on 2009).
Addnan
Grafter

If you do online banking with Barclays they give you 12 months Kaspersky licence every year for free. Just log in and there should be a banner.