cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kaspersky Internet security

mal0z
Grafter

Kaspersky Internet security

Several times in discussion here - people have been recommending Kaspersky Internet Security - Ant-Virus etc.
Well our laptop license for Norton was running out - so looking a PC World website - I saw they were offering Norton for cheaper than the on line re-license, and they were offering Kaspersky Internet security  ( 3 PC License ) for £24.99 !!
so off I went. The store did indeed have boxed versions of the 3 PC license for £24.99 and single license for £49.99 ! ? !.
I was told it was on special offer - so I bought it. At the till the Till machine showed full price - but the assistant readily entered the special offer and  we got it for £24.99.
So Don't know how long the offer lasts - but maybe worth popping in to get it while you can - no need to install immediately I presume.
Now maybe other people will pop up and say they don't like or rate Kaspersky  !
24 REPLIES 24
Lurker
Grafter

Re: Kaspersky Internet security

On the contrary, it always scores very highly for home use. (And very highly for business use)
The only reason it isn't higher up the business use ratings is the number of false positives it gets on many legitimate business applications.
Sophos tends to be the other way round - great for businesses, but not so good for use at home, since it scores a high number of false positives on commonly used 'home' programs, especially games.
Not applicable

69p per month each computer - a real bargain and well worth the investment.
Got 3 licenses for £18.99 but that was through my bank (Smile).
Not had any bother really and don't know that its there. One false positive last month (trojan) - e-mailed Kaspersky and they replied almost immediately to say that it was OK and would be dealt with at the next update.
I use some CDs for card making and Kaspersky annoys me a bit with popups - I haven't found out how to make it remember that they are OK. I need to study it more. At the mo I just disconnect from the internet and pause protection.
It doesn't like remnants of other AVs - I had to delete AVG entries in the registry and then it installed OK.
Hope that you get on with it.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

poppy.
There are two things you can try.
Move the software you are using to trusted
If that doesn't work tell KIS to stop monitoring the program.
If you need to know how to do that you will need to advise which version you are using as it is totally different in 2010 as compared to 2009.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I've been using Kaspersky for a few years now.  It's very good at what it does, but it can be a bit of a pain to configure to get it to do just what *YOU* want it to do.
BTW  If you're a Barclays customer yo can get a 3 X PC version for free!
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mal0z
Grafter

Thanks guys,
I went ahead and installed the trail version and I am impressed.
So worth getting the 3 license version for £30 if you can find it at PC World or elsewhere as I described.
I'd rather have a few false positives rather than have it miss something.
thanks
Mal
cajef
Grafter

Quote from: mal0z
So worth getting the 3 license version for £30 if you can find it at PC World or elsewhere as I described.

£20.56 with free delivery at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kaspersky-Internet-Security-User-License/dp/B002BWPWQM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=...
David_W
Rising Star

2010 3 user OEM £13.70 +vat+delivery
2009 3 user OEM £8.46 +vat+deliver
I prefer Kaspersky but it doesn't currently work on Windows 7, so I'm using F-Secure which is too intrusive and doesn't remember properly "Remember + Allow = Remember + Disallow!", come October when 7 is released properly and Kaspersky supports it, I'll be going back to them lot, from Aria!  Best of all, if you buy the 2009 now, you can use the same key and it will upgrade to 2010 when its released (you can download the trial version and use the key on that).
Whatever you do though, when your licence is set to expire do not upgrade through Kaspersky, they will charge you a fortune, just buy a cheaper version and get a new licence that way.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Also, if you bank with Barclays for internet banking they did (not sure if they still do) offer a free year subscription for Kaspersky (for 3 PC's).
Worth checking with other banks as well, to see if they offer something similar.
mal0z
Grafter

Quote from: dgwebb
it will upgrade to 2010 when its released

2010 version is already released - that is what we bought.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

A word of warning - an OEM key may not allow an upgrade from 2009 to 2010.
Note 2010 is out but doesn't officially support Windows 7 although some users have found it OK.
mal0z
Grafter

who wants to try an early release of Win 7 anyway - I will wait until SP1 at least for the very reason that other programmes may not work on it for a while if ever.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

me - as a dual boot
David_W
Rising Star

I had the 07 I think it was, OEM version from Aria which allowed an upgrade to 09, or maybe it was version 6 I can't really remember, but I know it did allow me to upgrade to the latest version.
@Mal0z - Windows 7 without an SP is already better than Vista with SP2, it is secure, fast and I really couldn't go back to using Vista even though I was one of the people who liked Vista.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Quote from: dgwebb
I had the 07 I think it was, OEM version from Aria which allowed an upgrade to 09, or maybe it was version 6 I can't really remember, but I know it did allow me to upgrade to the latest version.
I did say may - there was a long thread on the Kaspersky Forums.
Checking back it was from 2006 to 2007 and I had to get onto Kaspersky support and point out that the EULA said I could. They then sent me a new key