Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KB823291 hot-fix

RobDickson
Grafter

KB823291 hot-fix

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823291/en-us
I've never applied a Microsoft hotfix before, so just wanted to check that I haven't missed anything obvious.
I'm running WinXP-SP3, so I think that there's no need to download the Hotfix file. The dates on Shell32.dll are:
C:\WINDOWS\system32 - 17/06/2008 20:02
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 - 14/04/2008 05:42
All I actually need to do is edit the registry file as described in the KB article.
I might have to do some more searching, because I'm not totally sure that this will solve my problem. My problem is with the Shared Documents folder on my PC, which I don't think is covered by "a DFS share, or a special folder that must be redirected".
I've had this happen on two WinXP PCs. Has anybody else experienced it?
3 REPLIES 3
RobDickson
Grafter

Re: KB823291 hot-fix

Sorry for posting this in the wrong section before.
KenA
Grafter

if the dates / versions on your files are newer than the hotfix, you don't need it (normally).
What's the problem you are experiencing?
RobDickson
Grafter

Sorry for not replying before, but I didn't get an e-mail notification of a reply.
The problem that I'm experiencing is as described in the KB article, but on the Shared Files directory on the C: drive of my PC. It doesn't happen in every directory in the Shared Files directory. Having thought about this some more, I actually think that it's a problem because I copied the files from the Shared Files directory on my old PC to the Shared Files directory on my new PC. I'm not sure how to correct this, but might just put up with having to click "refresh" when I've changed something.