cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K9 Web Protection - quiery

WildRose52
Grafter

K9 Web Protection - quiery

Just wondering has anyone used the programme : K9 Web Protection?
http://download.cnet.com/K9-Web-Protection-32-bit/3000-27064_4-10487710.html?tag=mncol
The programme is intended to protect children online.
I installed it on my son`s PC and everything was fine.
Having read that it also protects against `bad search result` links I installed it on my own PC as
well.
However, and after doing so I found I was having problems with my MalwareBytes programme.
It kept stating `error, couldnt access the database`
What I found strange was that my son also has MalwareBytes on his PC, and his carried on working
just fine.
Ive now uninstalled K9 Web Protection and my MalwareBytes is working okay.
Does anyone on here use this K9, and if so, have you found any conflicts with other programmes
(particularly MalwareBytes)?
thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: K9 Web Protection - quiery

perhaps it only looks after Dogs?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I have heard of this and had a look at this prog k9 as my girlfriend has two children and the eldest was caught doing some very bad things on certain social networking sites, Then i got her to get a Netgear DGN 1000 Router and i manually put in the router sites to block, Saves any prog needed and a much better idea, Well for me i thought it was, But the router's playing up and she may need a different one so If however she does use the K9 on getting a new router i will let you know if it plays up with Malwaryebytes.
Sorry i cant help you further at this moment in time.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
bobboulby
Grafter

We've used K9 for several years with no problems. I've never used MalwareBytes but K9 worked ok with AVG Free, Windows Defender and more recently, Microsoft Security Essentials.
Bob