cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just been google mapped on the outskirts of Glasgow

amcclean
Rising Star

Just been google mapped on the outskirts of Glasgow

About an hour ago i was sitting at traffc lights not far from my house on the outskirts of Glasgow when a unmarked car came out of the side street with a multi camera thing mounted on it's roof. It looks just like the one I saw on a forum a few months ago which talked of google mapping. Multiple lenses in a hexagonal shaped box mounted at the top of 1 to 1.5 m rod on the top of the unmarked car.
I was at the front of the que of traffic so i guess i'll need to to keep an eye out for my blurred out face on a googlemap near me.
3 REPLIES 3
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Just been google mapped on the outskirts of Glasgow

I drove past one in Liverpool a couple of weeks ago.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

amcclean
Rising Star

Here's what the car looked like. it matches the one that passed me except for ther google logo guess they;ve removed that incase someone guesses what they're upto.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7534755.stm
p
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Yep, that's the one (or at least very much like the one) that I saw.  No idea about the logo though.  I didn't take that much notice!
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.