cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Purchased Second Hand Harddrive( SOLVED )

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Just Purchased Second Hand Harddrive

Thank's for that very helpful advice purleigh and I will make sure I'm not wearing my " pulling pants" Grin
If I don't post here this time next week you can bet I've went up In a puff of smoke!!
This Is the wrist strap I have coming In the post...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130390708731&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Does not have the mat but I know how to wear It.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest connecting the crocodile clip (with lead and wrist strap attached !) to the bare metal of the PC chassis, while you are doing this work, and make sure the wrist band is tight against your skin at all times.
I just a horrible image in my head - "going commando PC upgrading", now that's not a program I want to see on the "Quest" freeview channel !  Tongue
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yep thats what I Intend to do with the croc clip, And hey If I did go up In a blaze of glory I might, Just might make headlines down In general chit-chat!! Grin
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a webcam on your PC then I would advise not wearing your computing pants (at least while it is switched on) - just in case the fashion police are watching.
For everyone who has not seen Steve's computing pants - here is a very rare photo - fortunately without Steve in them -
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Well just an update to this thread and for those who helped me, I got my HDD today, Plugged It in, Set up windows 7 on It and away I go, Peace of cake, HDD In good nick and probably because Its a SATA drive that made It a doddle, Thank you to those who helped, Much appreciated.