cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joomla site broken after php update to 5.6.

allied
Dabbler

Joomla site broken after php update to 5.6.

Hi,  I've raised this issue with plusnet support yesterday and still waiting for feedback , meanwhile thought someone here might have some ideas.  Due to a joomla extension not working with php5.3 I thought i'd be clever and click the use 5.6 php option in PHP manager is hosting Control Panel area.  Since doing the that the site is down and I cannot get into phpmyadmin area.  Unfortunately I'm not a website / php expert so haven't tried changing anything myself 'yet'.  I was hoping a Restore from a Plusnet backup might put things back right and asked PlusNet support if they can do this yesterday.  Still waiting!  Does anyone know what might have gone wrong,  and importantly what I could try to fix it.

thanks - steve

3 REPLIES 3
allied
Dabbler

Re: Joomla site broken after php update to 5.6.

I sorted the problem,  a .htaccess file had been created in /public folder from the php update that hadn't been there 2 days ago, removing it resolved the problem,  simple !

allied
Dabbler

Well I fixed the site and it's working again, but it's still running 5.3 php,    if I use the php manager to select 5.6 php the .htaccess file is created and the site isn't accessible.  How should we go about updating to 5.6 when using Joomla 3.6.5

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

This should take care of it for you.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵