cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is using Trusteer Rapport a good security addon

BillSwales

Re: Is using Trusteer Rapport a good security addon

I used it for a while but got fed up with it popping up when I entered a password to tell me it was similar to one already entered (When it was the same site!) so uninstalled.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi all,
I had it installed ever since Natwest offered it when I was using IE6.0.  Since I moved over to FF, it had worked fine. Until, the last few updates of FF.  The Rapport used to work in the background, but NOT showing its Icon on the Address Bar.  So, I could never be sure which sites were protected and which were not.
On Every update of FF causing this issue, I had contacted Trusteer (via their Console) telling them of the issue and they have come back with the correct version of Trusteer Rapport.  And each time it has worked.
As for how effective it is, on each protected site if I had entered an incorrect password, it does query it etc.  So, I have found it quite helpful.
As for uninstalling, the Rapport, as said earlier use the safeunintall.exe which Trusteer have supplied to me.
So, I would say go for it Jim.
Regards,
Chandu.
greyposter
Grafter

I use it with Natwest ,no problems so far.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

This week I was working on a very slow PC running Windows XP.  Task Manager showed Rapport as very active, even without any browser windows open (or opened since the computer was restarted).  Heaven knows what itwas up to.  I uninstalled it because I did not trust that it was working as intended.  After that the computer speeded-up, although that might have been coincidental.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

When Rapport updates itself, which it initially does as soon as you have an Internet connection, and then at regular intervals, it is a CPU hog and it takes it's time as well. I got so fed up with it, I manually stopped all automatic updating. I also got fed up eventually with clashes with my AV stopping the machine from booting after some updates, so it's now disabled altogether.
I had it in mind to see if things have improved by checking the latest version with my AV, but not got round to it yet.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I use it all the time & have no problems whatsoever, running W8 64bit.
Anotherone
Champion

With that CPU power you possibly wouldn't, however it did clash with my AV despite Trusteer saying it was OK.
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

Used to have Rapport installed (Natwest) but it never kept up with Firefox updates, and now I use PaleMoon 64 it's just not compatible, end of. I'm hoping Avast does pretty much most of the job
Anotherone
Champion

Out of curiosity did you uninstall it and then try the latest version?
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

yes