The mail was sent to you from:
*      "tel: 07773406543" <non-mail-user@voiplicity.co.uk>
The subject line of the mail received was:
*      [-SPAM-] Fwd: Voice message from 07773406543
In order to protect you, this email has been stored on our servers
and quarantined.  If you wish to retrieve this, please send an
email to unquarantine@quarantine.plus.com containing the following information;
----------------------- SUPPORT INFORMATION ----------------------
Quarantine-Id: 4cc4df yuiol;.,m nbvfcdxnmjc6821a3ghnjk7535a0e1acf68a89f45091    ---  CHANGED I.D.
Message-Id: <638471.ghju i38836jkl;poiuy1436431727876.JavaMail.dcmbox@wightcabdss2> ----  CHANGED I.D
To: MY EMAIL ADDRESS --    CHANGED I.D.
----------------------- SUPPORT INFORMATION ----------------------
It should be possible to reply to this mail to retrieve your email,
as long as your email application includes this entire message in
the reply.
Kind Regards,
Customer Support.

I have changed the i.d. and removed my email address.....
I don`t recognise the phone number.... but have changed it anyway......
10 REPLIES 10
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Is this for real ? ? ? ?

I'm not sure what you are asking is for real.
The email is totally real, Plusnet are notifying you that a spam email you received contains malware and it has been quarantined.
Looking at the details of the email itself, surely you are not so naive as to think it is genuine?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

not naive..... just careful..... never .... never.... ever... received one like this....
Your confusing response does not add to the original query either.... I still don`t KNOW whether it is genuine....
  I always thought that PlusNet would address me more "personally"... rather than "PlusNet customer".... ..........
. I don` know what " active virus scanner service" is referred to..... ( I do have antivirus prog active on MY computer )......
I am not aware that I, personally, have "banned a file extension"....
Either way... I am not going to take any action as described........ if it is a genuine message that has been "quarantined"... then whoever sent it, should have other forms of contact and can send it again via those... if it is a scam.... spam... or virus message... I`m not at risk by leaving it alone....
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

My missus had one this morning - caught by GMail antivirus
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had two of this already this morning both 'from' tel: 07773403290. One came in as RE: the other as Fwd: So I redirected them to the bit bucket.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The email is a genuine one from us, our mail scanning has identified a malicious file and therefore blocked it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I've had them in the past and always regarded them as notifications so just ignored them.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Quote from: Chris
The email is a genuine one from us, our mail scanning has identified a malicious file and therefore blocked it.

Then, may I suggest some "modifications" to the way the message is presented and worded....
1.  address the customer by name or by their username...  not "PlusNet customer"....
2. Remove any active links
3.  where it says "if you want to retrieve...... " re-word it so that it is more "convincing" that it is from PlusNet....... the use of the plusnet email suffix  "quarantine.plus.com" looks and sounds "fake"...
4.  as this one is a "known" fake.... see linky on alanf posting.... there should be some way of notifiying the recipient...perhaps a quote from the relevant website.... so that others, who are "not so wary" as I am.... can be suitably warned.....
5.  don`t forget... not everyone who is a customer of PlusNet is savvy about these type of messages.... so "think out of the box" when constructing similar warning/alert messages....
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

1.  address the customer by name or by their username...  not "PlusNet customer"....
Neither of which may be valid as the email which was quarantined and the notification which was sent are to a specific mailbox which is not necessarily associated directly with either the username nor the name of the account holder
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I received two copies of that virus message this moning. One came to a Plusnet address; the virus scanner quarantined it and I got the notification email (which seems OK to me - the mailbox name does not match my username).
The second one went to a non-Plusnet address where I do my own virus scanning; that also quarantined it and notified me.
David