cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a boradband problem today?

mariek
Grafter

Is there a boradband problem today?

Hi, my broadband is incredibly slow today.  I am nearing my usage allowance, but I have updated my account, so that extra can be added, but it has made no difference.  Is it just me, or is there a problem today (I tried calling and finally gave up I was on hold so long, so methinks that it is Plusnet).  I work from home and so this is a major problem for me.  Thanks  Sad
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Is there a boradband problem today?

May be this - try a disconnect/reconnect using the router interface http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1296742553.htm
Planned Traffic Management Platform Maintenance -Friday 4th February 2.00am-5.00am
Broadband
Posted on: Thursday 3 February 2011, 14:15
What does it affect?
Broadband traffic management.
How long will it take?
About three hours.
What does the work involve?
We are performing some essential maintenance to our traffic management platform to rectify recent problems with usage aggregation.
Am I likely to notice the work?
You shouldn't do. If you're trying to establish a new connection or reconnect during this time you will be assigned a default traffic management profile. This should not affect any speeds as there are no restrictions at this time of the morning. Once the system is back up and running customers should automatically re-authenticate on their correct profile.
Is there anything else I need to know?
No.
Kind Regards,
Joanne Pilson,
Customer Support.
mariek
Grafter

Thanks for the info.  I've rebooted the router - is that what you meant?  Still having speed issues.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

No need for a complete router reboot I don't think, Just a Dis-connect from the Internet and then re-connect via your router Interface.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

If you are still having speed problems try disconnecting/reconnecting again. There has been a problem but this was fixed an hour or so ago (lots of threads in Broadband and Routers on this topic).
David