cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to hide updates you dont need?

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Is it possible to hide updates you dont need?

In windows 7 you had the option to hide updates you didnt need/want to install, i dont see this option in windows 10 does anyone know if its possible as i have sme upfates which keep trying to download but fail, the problem is when they fail they dont stop trying to re download.... abit of a pain. Could be something simple im just not seeing it .... Tongue
5 REPLIES 5
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Is it possible to hide updates you dont need?

Totally shocking not to mention how Microsoft is using everyone's bandwidth as if it were their own. Rant over this might help note it's a temporary measure  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

lol
NedLudd
Grafter

I've used the MS tool a couple of times without seeing any problems!  Smiley
Geoff,
York.
WTF
Grafter

I had the same problem with some W10 updates that stayed at 95% downloaded for about a month.  In the end, they worked.
AFAIK there's no way to select what gets installed with W10.  One of the downsides of freeware: you get what you pay for Wink
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Unfortunately the downside of Win10 that i've found is you cannot specify what updates to be installed, they are all installed and released notes for what the updates do are practically non-existant.
I'll keep 10 on my laptop but won't be "upgrading" anything else on my network until we get proper patch notes