cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Windows Better Than Linux?

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Why Windows Is Better Than Linux

Thanks artificer i agree to an extent with you, I seem to have more fun in windows and if i do a boo boo ive got system restore, And believe me trying to fix things on my Linux ive had a few boo boos and had no idea where to start to correct my errors.
Thats the point of my AV though, It will know if i get infected and remove it.And since XP i can safely say no ive had no virus on my windows, And my AV even protects me from malicious sites, What happens if you go on a malicious site without knowing as you dont need a background scanner ( yet )
@poppy yes artificer has made some good points respectfully and this thread may R.I.P.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: Steve
@poppy yes artificer has made some good points respectfully and this thread may R.I.P.

So you lost the argument then.  Grin Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Suppose i did yes Sad
Not applicable

Whatever the outcome of the discussion, I doubt that Steve will change his mind.
He's like me - not familiar enough with Linux to get himself out of a hole when things go wrong or you want to do something that is so easy in Windows but can't find the way in Linux.  
It can be very frustrating indeed, particular as you know that on Windows you have a fighting chance of sorting it.  
We both need to work more with Linux to gather experience but at the moment Steve hasn't the motivation.  Maybe one day.................................
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thanks poppy but i did have the motivation then lost it then got it back then lost it again Cheesy will i change my mind? At this precise moment NO but knowing me that will change this time next week!! Grin
Lurker
Grafter

Windows is better in some situations; everything is about finding the correct tool for the job.
Someday, somebody will find a job that needs Windows.
(Anybody else find the 'life without walls' promo laughable? If you don't have walls, you don't need Windows.)
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

So how about changing the title to - NOT! Or I will accept Maybe  Cheesy
Well the good thing about installing Linux again is it will only take a few minutes - not a whole day!
I can do a fresh install in 15 min from a cd, less from usb.
And unless it is a video issue then it rarely requires this level of back out, you can usually find a solution from one of the forums. And even when it is "hosed" you can usually use a live cd to repair it.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Is Windows Better Than Linux?

@HB done!! Kind of, Agree with you there mate, When or if i do install it again two great things happen, Its not daunting and i dont need to worry about a product key, " Good times "
VileReynard
Hero

Excellent!

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Die Hard linux users are trying to take over the world!! Im convinced!!
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Well if you know any let me know who they are.  Wink
VileReynard
Hero

Quote from: Steve
Die Hard linux users...

Has that got Bruce Willis in it?

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yes it does Grin
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Quote from: poppy
Whatever the outcome of the discussion, I doubt that Steve will change his mind.
He's like me - not familiar enough with Linux to get himself out of a hole when things go wrong or you want to do something that is so easy in Windows but can't find the way in Linux.  
It can be very frustrating indeed, particular as you know that on Windows you have a fighting chance of sorting it.  
We both need to work more with Linux to gather experience but at the moment Steve hasn't the motivation.  Maybe one day.................................

I`ll put my name on this too! ..... Wink
Not applicable

Well, I'm gonna make a midsummer resolution and use Linux more. At the mo I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 and it is all running nicely so going to make a concerted effort. 
Have downloaded Isadora so can have a choice now.  However, I just love Lucid Lynx - so much better than previous versions.