cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Ustream blocked in some areas?

joem52
Grafter

Is Ustream blocked in some areas?

For the last couple of days I have been unable to view any streams on Ustream, I keep getting a "this content is not available in your area due to rights restrictions" message.
Others in the chit chat forum have said they can view them fine, maybe it's area specific, I haven't changed any settings on my browser, anyone have any clues what could be causing this blocking?
Thanks
Joe.
8 REPLIES 8
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Is Ustream blocked in some areas?

Your IP address is probably being identified incorrectly as being from another country.  I beleive that PlusNet recently obtained some new ranges that are occasionally blocked for this reason.  If you reconnect you should get a different IP and should be OK.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi joem52,
your IP address was indeed in the affected range. If you reconnect and get one that doesn't start with 37 you'll be ok. It will help if you can raise a ticket detailing what happened so we can get it rectified.
Jojo Smiley
joem52
Grafter

Quote from: walker23
Your IP address is probably being identified incorrectly as being from another country.  I beleive that PlusNet recently 'bought' some new ranges that are occasionally blocked for this reason.  If you reconnect you should get a different IP and should be OK.

You have cracked it, it's working after a reboot  Grin Thanks a lot walker123 Wink
joem52
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne
Hi joem52,
your IP address was indeed in the affected range. If you reconnect and get one that doesn't start with 37 you'll be ok. It will help if you can raise a ticket detailing what happened so we can get it rectified.
Jojo Smiley

Thanks Jojo, it's working fine now  Wink
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You're welcome. If you could raise a ticket though, it would help Smiley
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: walker23
I beleive that PlusNet recently 'bought' some new ranges that are occasionally blocked for this reason. 

Slight correction here, we don't "buy them".  We are allocated them by RIPE.  (http://www.ripe.net/)
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
joem52
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne
You're welcome. If you could raise a ticket though, it would help Smiley

I'm on the troubleshooter page now, but there is no option for the problem I had, what's the best way to raise a ticket?
EDIT: I have just sent the query to the support team.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Sorry Kelly, I will correct my post, I just assumed you'd be charged somehow for all your Addresses.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.