cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invisible open tickets ?

arktos
Rising Star

Invisible open tickets ?

Anyone who's read my post on the Fibre page will know that I've been having a difficult time getting a Fibre upgrade and line transfer to Plusnet.
It's taken three weeks to get the phone transferred, and the latest indications are that the Fibre could still be another fortnight away. I had no idea that it was going to be such a protracted business, or I might have reconsidered.
I've been hunting around the ticket system trying to trace certain dialogues and failed. Now, following the latest email from Plusnet, I see what I'm looking for on a ticket which simply doesn't appear in the usual place, even with the last 30 days open.
I'm assuming that this is due to the fact that you apparently can have only four tickets in the open tickets section. (Why?)
It's points to a sorry situation that things can get so fouled up and protracted as to need numerous tickets, but it has only added to my frustration that it is possible for an open ticket to be invisible.
(If anyone at Plusnet wants to look at this, it's the one ending in 2050 that I'm referring to.)
Maybe the tickets page should warn of this possibility.
On a more optimistic note, I should perhaps feel sorry for some of the agents at Plusnet. I've spent hours and hours in total waiting to get through, so probably am not at my friendliest when I finally succeed, despite my best efforts to sound cheerful. They've always been polite to me, and sounded anxious to help, so at the end of the call I have usually felt confident that it will "all come good now".
But so often it hasn't, - and I'm beginning to thing that it might be the structure and constraints of the system they are having to work within, rather than the agents themselves. The waiting times are a good indicator that there are probably insufficient agents to deal with the volume of business, - and this gives rise to health and safety questions. Likewise, some agent's apparent lack of understanding of correct procedures for rectifying problems, or preventing them in the first place, may have more to do with inadequate training rather than poor performance. And the fact that these issues have been around and unaddressed for while now implies that supervisors or managers are failing to identify and deal with them.
I've worked in organisations where the "indians" (no, not those Indians!)  know better than  the "chiefs" what needs to be done to sort things out, but are powerless to do them.
It's all a great shame, as Plusnet once really was brilliant for customer service, and not just on the adverts.