Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dongle for Tablet

BenG
Grafter

Internet dongle for Tablet

Hi,
today I had a tablet I never used one before and only got it cos people said you can watch things like youtube so it be usfull for my bed room since my tv does not work and there ant much room anyway for a tv.
anyway I got it on and managed to turn on the wifi and it worked. but I thought I may take it out with me some times, and thought maybe a Dongle maybe a good idea something like pay as you go. anyway can you suguest a good one. I looked at a Voda one. but the comments were poor and people saying it never worked on Android.
so I was wondering cos I suptect some of you have tables you may now a good one. anyway here the one I got.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dual-Core-10-1-16gb-STORAGE/dp/B00AKYZ6RI/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1403373544...
Also were may I get software for this thing or can you run windows stuff on it. I got an old game I play called DOOM and I like to play it if possiable or do I need some sort of port for it to work.
Ok thanks for reading.

5 REPLIES 5
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Internet dongle for Tablet

Some tablets have slots for SIM cards - what's the make and model of yours?
BenG
Grafter

not sure on the make, will have to have a look latter but I know it has a small slot for a sim card, cos the man in the shop also gave him a 32gb card a tiny one it has also got a lead for USB 2x and a Micro SD slot witch I duno what that is.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Micro SD is a memory card, so you can increase the amount of storage. Many tablets have a small amount of internal memory for operating system files and so on, and limited ability to store video & music files, etc. Adding an SD card gives you room to store a great deal more.
Micro SD cards are usually up to 32GB, and are about the same size as a SIM card, or perhaps a little bit smaller.
kmilburn
Grafter

If you want internet access on the move,  you'll need a mobile wifi access point.
Depending on you're mobile phone, you maybe able to make it be an access point,  or you'll need something like a MiFi.
The tablet is Android based so doesn't  run Windows software.  It comes with the Google Play app, which is the  standard store for apps and everything else.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Check out Shutter's thread in the Hardware section he had the same question