cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet access on user accounts

gcarrison

Internet access on user accounts

Hi there,
                My first post on the forums so any advice will be appreciated.
      I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, I have two user accounts on my PC, both of which have administrator status.  One one user account i am able to access the internet, on the other account (my wifes) i am not able to.
The icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen tells me that i have internet access available but for some reason when i load IE i am not able to access the web and the diagnosis tools do not find any problem either and
i have uninstalled all firewalls etc to see if this was the problem but to no avail.
  Any advice is appreciated as i am at a complete loss with this one.
P.S my wife said as far as she knows she didnt click on anything she was just surfing and then the next thing she knows its not working
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Internet access on user accounts

Can you try Firefox on your wife's account and see if that accesses the internet
gcarrison

ah, yes, it works. Im stumped now, why will IE not work then? lol  but thanks for that anyway Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend

In Internet Explorer if you go to Tools then Internet Options then LAN settings it should look like this - you can also compare the settings on the two user accounts
gcarrison

As far as i can see they are both the same.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Have you tried clicking on setup and see if that sorts it