Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Security 3 user

peter10
Grafter

Internet Security 3 user

Hello All
Looking through ads for internet security and many are described as 3 user or 3 computers. Often these are cheaper than 1 user. I have only 1 computer and I was wondering if I bought a 3 user and I put it on my computer could I allow a relative who lives 40 miles away and is with a different ISP put it on their computer as well. This would still leave me 1 spare in case I changed computers. I am not sure whether you are restricted to one household. I am very unlikely to do this but would be interested to know if it were a possibity.
Thanks Peter
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Internet Security 3 user

It depends on the restrictions but in the case of Kaspersky I buy two 3 user licenses each year and two of the computers are in London and the rest in Dorset and I have no problems
Basically it checks to see if there are only 3 users connected at a time for each license key
peter10
Grafter

Hi Oldjim
Thanks for the quick reply.
Peter
Brugmansia
Dabbler

Certainly with Norton 3 user the computers can be on completely different provider networks. I share my 3 user licence with a friend
How do you like Kaspersky?
My Norton is about to expire and Ican get Kaspersky free from PlusNet I believe
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

McAfee (Plusnet Protect) is offered free on Plusnet Extra and £2 per month on Plusnet Value.
http://www.plus.net/support/security/spam/plusnet_protect.shtml#howmuch
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
annerimmington
Grafter

I`ve seriously gone off McAfee and won`t be using them again after my security is up for renewal in May.    They really slow my computer down when they are installing updates and doing scans.  Heard good reviews about Avast! so might give them a try.