cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Explorer - Help

BenG
Grafter

Internet Explorer - Help

Hi can someone help me, I been noticeing some times when I click on links in Internet Explorer, that the window will open, but it seems to like freeze up, and the window just goes all white. and if I close it using the X button. It will just shut down IE.
anyone know if can fix it, Incase it helps I am using Internet Explorer 6 with sp1, tho I have disabled some items like ActiveX support and some javascript, someone told me to turn all off, so I duno if it has something to do with that.
anyhelp will be helpfull thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
BenG
Grafter

Re: Internet Explorer - Help

Main reason I still use IE6 is because, I am still on Windows XP HOME Because it came pre installed with my system. I have tried in the past to Upgrade to SP2, but each time, I get problems with my drive. So I can’t install IE7 because of that reason.
As for add-ins I don’t have any installed, and I have blocked all BHO with a CLSID list so none can be installed.
The site I noticed it freezes on is this forum, like when I right click on a link and go open in "New window" is also happened with a link I had in my email, when I was given a link to recover my password the window would load, and no page would display it just be white, and when ya moved the window is was like it was been repainted or something.
Virus killer I have AVG and the latest scan was about 3 hours ago. but did not report any errors.
Not sure what wrong with it, it just the odd few sites I visit, someone I was speaking to said it maybe because of some CSS, I don’t know or maybe IE just having a bad day. Just don’t fancy re-Installing windows again.
Thx for the replays anyway.
BenG
Grafter

Re: Internet Explorer - Help

I think I fixed it now, I went into the Tools->Options and used the reset button to , put eveything back to the defaults and just turned off the ActiveX support, and now seems to have worked. Maybe I had something in there that was ment to be left on.
Thanks for the Link to that FireFox, I am downloading now so I see what it like compared to IE6, few my friends said it good like. So I give it a try.
Thanks agian to all for replays, and help.
Wink