Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Explorer - Forms

rainplus
Grafter

Internet Explorer - Forms

Ladies and Gentlemen,
The little lady has a small problem with her Internet Explorer which I am sure is finger trouble.
When she is online shopping, and needs to fill in a form the box where she has to type is of the correct length but the top and bottom of the box almost touch, and anything that is put in comes out as a dot. The rest of the page looks correct with the wording in the correct font and size.
Has anyone any ideas, she is currently using IE7. I have a screen shot of it but I can’t reduce it enough to post on site.
Best regards
Dave.
4 REPLIES 4
Denzil
Grafter

Re: Internet Explorer - Forms

For a start, update to IE8. IE has never had a good reputation for being compliant to web standards, so sites that are standards compliant can sometimes go a bit wrong in earlier versions of IE. IE7 was a big step forward, ut IE8 is better still in that respect. Alternatively, try installing Firefox and see how it looks with that.
Can you post a link to the site in question? We can see for ourselves how it works in different browsers, then.
rainplus
Grafter

Denzil,
Many thanks for your reply.  It is every site that she tries to fill a form on.  I run IE 8 on a lap top an have no problems so have to do all her paper work!  She is hinting that a new puter in the New Year sales would be a good idea so maybe we wold upgarde then.
Best regards
Dave.
Denzil
Grafter

If she needs a new PC for other reasons then that is far enough, but there is no point doing that just to fix this! Just try installing IE8 first. You can do that through Windows Update or download from here.
Mav
Fixes: 515

I used to have a similar issue but only occaisionally. IE8 was an awful experiance with crashes and the random folders that it would offer to save files/pics/etc. and frequent crashes.
Since moving to FireFox it has become a more pleasurable experience. Perhaps that is the way forward.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still