Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Black Hole

colintivy
Rising Star

Internet Black Hole

Hi folks,
Very surprised to find that my Internet light on Voyager 210 went out on Friday afternoon, confirmed that there was no Internet connection using computer, rebooted router all to no avail. Checked with other users locally to find that a lot had had the same experience. Meeting others at lunch on Sunday, found that the disease was more widespread. It was not confined to PN users, BT, AOL were also affected.
Rang PN this morning where a helpful chappie did some tests and said that it appeared that there was no problem that he could see. Suggested rebooting router which appeared to fix things!! All very strange since it did not appear to work earlier. Has anyone else had a similar experience elsewhere??? Was relieved to note that my Download speeds (never great) have not been affected despite the rebootings.
colintivy Smiley
4 REPLIES 4
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Internet Black Hole

I've had a similar situation a couple of times, when I and people I know on the same exchange were synced OK, but no PPP session. It was down to a faulty MUX in the exchange - it's the kind of outage which will appear here - http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php
Edit: spelling
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
colintivy
Rising Star

Hi 4 Candles,
Thanks for that. Noted now that neither local exchanges show as having problems (Hengoed and Llanbedrog do). Of course cannot look when no Internet connection available. It is comforting that some users can get this.
colintivy Smiley
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

True, of course, you can't access that site just when you need it! I've given two people in different parts of the UK that site to bookmark, so I can phone them to check if necessary.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

some easy to rectfy others not so easy.  West Bergholt, Near Cochester,  The sods lifted a cover and winched out the BT copper cables, been off for a couple of weeks, this is the third time, report of the second here http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/local/4444376.Cable_thieves_strike_again/