Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Caller ID

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

International Caller ID

A couple of days ago my landline phone rang and on glancing at the screen I noticed a longer than normal number and the word 'International' below it.
I am aware that exchanges are being upgraded to forward international caller IDs so I assume that mine had now been done.
Curiously my phone hasn't recorded the number in it's log. Undecided
I can't remember the entire number but it did begin 001 so North America.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
5 REPLIES 5
picbits
Rising Star

Re: International Caller ID

Yes - the exchanges are being upgrade in phases.
Mine also displays the international numbers now but doesn't record them in their memory of recent calls (Gigaset DECT phones)
gtowen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I don't have caller ID but a few weeks ago I had a similar call from an international number. I did 1471 and got a number from India.....
With unknown numbers I google them for more info and got a few hits saying the number was from an Indian call center for a market research company.
:(:(:(
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: DomS
doesn't record them in their memory of recent calls (Gigaset DECT phones)

Mine is a Gigaset S820a.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

My BT Graphite 2100 (DECT) and Decor 1200 (corded) both logged the number of a call from NZ - even though the call blocker is set to block "international" Shocked
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Replying to a slightly dated thread (in case it's still of any interest) as my exchange was only enabled for International CLID 3 weeks ago.
Quote from: Strat
... landline phone rang and on glancing at the screen I noticed a longer than normal number and the word 'International' below it.
Curiously my phone hasn't recorded the number in it's log. Undecided
I can't remember the entire number but it did begin 001 so North America.

My phones do record the numbers, although I can't say for '001' as most of my International calls are '0061' (Australia) ...

Quote from: DomS
Mine also displays the international numbers now but doesn't record them in their memory of recent calls (Gigaset DECT phones)

Quote from: Strat
Mine is a Gigaset S820a.

The 2 DECT handsets which I've noticed do record the number are both Gigaset E49H on a N300 base unit - there's also a C610 handset registered to the same base which I assume stores the number but I can't check ATM because I've already cleared the log via one of the E49H handsets.  I wonder if the base station model is relevant?
I've also just checked the call logs on a couple of old wired phones (a BT Converse 1400 and a Betacom CTT1000) and both have stored the International CLID in full.