cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Security Flaw

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hope this dont slow down my i7 :(

Y2K didn't happen because it was a non starter. Yes there were issues with software and some firmware but it was no where near as disastrous as was made out in the media, like reactors going in to melt down IMMSMC. Like you I was there too.

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

Too you-to me! this whole thing is like a see-saw https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/01/12/meltdown_spectre_researchers_sitrep/

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@VileReynard wrote:

Y2K didn't happen due to years of work by a large number of programmers (including me). Bugs were found, and squashed.

And me  Cheesy  The bonus came in quite handy too.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

7up
Community Veteran

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the link @30FTTC06, but if the Steve you are referring to is Steve Gibson then I'll not bother I do not hold him, his products or anything he has to say with any regard.

Why?

He's done a lot of good. Everything from the shields up port scanner, upnp disabling to finding problems with MS operating systems. Probably other stuff i'm not aware of too. I seem to remember he also has a tool called spinrite.. something to do with hard drives but can't remember what.

So considering most of his tools (if not all) are free, aimed at helping people and generally doing his bit for humanity, why are you so negative towards him?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

He's released a detection tool as well....  https://www.grc.com/inspectre.htm

7up
Community Veteran

Interesting how this thread has been abandoned for several days and Mook still hasn't produced a reason for his dislike of the guy - yet has been posting in general chat.

Come on @Anonymous whats your beef with Gibson?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Anonymous
Not applicable

@7up See post 65