cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel GMA 4500M - list of resolutions supported?

pawhe955
Grafter

Intel GMA 4500M - list of resolutions supported?

Hi all,
Query from the sister-in-law, who has beed roped into helping a local Camera Club look for a new laptop and projector, to run their digital 'slide' shows, and have picked (at the moment) a laptop with an integrated Intel GMA 4500M graphics card (a Toshiba L350-235).
The laptop screen is 1440x900 - and the laptop spec. states that it can drive an external monitor at up to 1600x1200. But they need to project (e.g. via the laptop's external monitor output) at 1400x1050 (apparently due to current national camera club competition "rules"....).
I guess that selection of the external monitor's resolution is simply a function of the driver, and what different resolutions can be set for (internal and) external monitors - but I can't find anywhere (Toshiba website, Intel Website, etc.) a complete list of resolution modes supported....
I recall that when I wanted a resolution that wasn't listed in the default list for an (old-ish) nVidia card, I was able to create a "custom" entry in the resolution list - but again, I guess it comes down to whether that function is built into the provided graphics drivers.
So - would anyone be able to confirm that an Intel GMA 4500M can be set to output to an external monitor at 1400x1050? And also that the drivers for this card allow the two monitors (internal and external) to be used independantly (rather than in a "clone" mode), as the software used to do projection during a competition requires independant internal and external displays?  Anyone happen to have a laptop with this card, and native Intel drivers, that could confirm these functions....?Huh
Many thanks,
P.