Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initializecommand C000003a

bill
Grafter

Initializecommand C000003a

I have Windows XP SP2.
This  "Initializecommand c000003a" in white letters appears during startup but before the Welcome screen appears. It lasts for about 5 seconds. Everything works as normal but since yesterday it has appeared everytime I boot up.
I would be grateful if someone could tell me what this means and if it is anything to worry about. How to get rid of it, too.
Thanks.
              Bill
6 REPLIES 6
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Initializecommand C000003a

Nothing showing up on google.
Are you sure you have the spelling correct including the spacing between words etc?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Quote from: bill
I have Windows XP SP2.
This  "Initializecommand c000003a" in white letters appears during startup but before the Welcome screen appears. It lasts for about 5 seconds. Everything works as normal but since yesterday it has appeared everytime I boot up.

Just a thought...
Do you have any SCSI drives - especially RAID?
That "Initialize command" would be something issued during drive etc recognition by the SCSI BIOS.
Still very peculiar though...

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

bill
Grafter

Quote from: Peter
Nothing showing up on google.
Are you sure you have the spelling correct including the spacing between words etc?

It appears top left of the screen. White letters on blue background. It displays like this:
                  Initializecommand
                    C000003a
Before this first happened yesterday, I had re-installed Windows Live OneCare which downloaded as upgraded to version 2 with a number of new features. Perhaps it caused the message. Anyway I have uninstalled it and gone back to Norton 360; but the problem remains. Thanks fo the replies sofar.
Bill
samuria
Grafter

And when all else fails, the WinDBG help file actually helps (from the "Bug Checks"->"Bug Check Code Reference" section): " Cause This error can be caused by any part of the disk subsystem, including bad disks, bad or incorrect cables, mixing different ATA-type devices on the same chain, or drives that are not available due to hardware regeneration. It can also be caused by a missing file from the boot partition, or by a driver file that has been disabled from the *Drivers* tab by mistake. "
bill
Grafter

Quote from: axisofevil
Quote from: bill
I have Windows XP SP2.

Just a thought...
Do you have any SCSI drives - especially RAID?
That "Initialize command" would be something issued during drive etc recognition by the SCSI BIOS.
Still very peculiar though...

You prompted me too Google for RAID + BIOS+ OneCare.  Found this:
Forgot to post that Windows Live OneCare went through a version change last week ..... is set to RAID in the BIOS and this issue still exists in build 5744.
Still baffled, but I think you've hit the nail on the head and a solution is no doubt forthcoming.Thanks to everyone..
Bill
bill
Grafter

Instead of getting rid of the Initializecommand problem I soon got myself into deeper mire.  Windows Update decided I needed to download 88 updates (63Mb worth) but then failed to install them. Ended up with five 63Mb downloads all of which failed to install.
So, in despair I did a full system recovery and the multitude of downloads to catch up on the last 18 months all installed perfectly and the InitializeCommand problem has disappeared.
A long old day's work but I'm happy again.
Many thanks for answering my request for help.
Bill