cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Program folder but not Control,...,Add/Remove list.

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

In Program folder but not Control,...,Add/Remove list.

I recognise some, so am not worried, but they are no longer wanted. What is the best way to remove them cleanly, Add Reove not being available.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: In Program folder but not Control,...,Add/Remove list.

There are normally two reasons for this.
One is that the uninstall didn't remove everything - very common
Second is that some programs only add themselves to the programs folder but don't change the add/remove registry settings so don't show up in the add/remove section.
In either case I just delete the folder
Luzern
Hero

But what about the registry entries; won't they still be extant?
BTW does anyone know what a prog called ATS2 relates to. It's in the prog folder and seems to have to do with virus removal. last modified 2005.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

You could use Ccleaner  - but be selective / careful with what you remove and DO the registry backup option just in case.  Smiley  Worked a treat for me on some old PC's I was clearing prior to upgrading some of the software.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

pierre_pierre
Grafter

I dont think its this what google came up with
16774646, ATS1 is a soluble chloroplastic stroma protein and together with ATS2, is involved in phosphatidylglycerol biosynthesis in chloroplasts. ...
Luzern
Hero

Quote from: pierre_pierre
.......chloroplastic stroma protein and together with ATS2, is involved in phosphatidylglycerol biosynthesis in chloroplasts. ...
To modify Frankie Howerd's crone in Up Pompei
" Err, err, and thrice err" Crazy
samuria
Grafter

Some times in the folder you may discover a unistall.exe or similar running that will remove it and it may ask for a log file which is normally in the same folder. You can disable add remove by changing values in the registery so it doesnt show up some software does this to stop you removing it