Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

If BT can't find where my old Line is, what do i do next ?

Highlighted
Grafter

If BT can't find where my old Line is, what do i do next ?

hi all, i was hoping to be a Plus Net customer today, but BT can't find where my line goes to be able to reconnect it. rumour has it that if this is FACT, it will mean i cannot be a Plus Net customer without a phone line.
BUT, WHAT IF i had gone to BT as a new customer (instead of an old disconnected customer) and asked them to install a new line to a house that hasn't got a Phone Line at all HuhHuh
Would they have said  NO Huh 
What a strange predicament i am finding myself in and i really do want to be a customer of the Plus Net Band  !!!, hey that really IS a crap advert IMHO !.
Tim
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: If BT can't find where my old Line is, what do i do next ?

Plusnet will deal with this in exactly the same way that BT Retail would. In either case the same BT Openreach people would be activating the phone line. I expect Plusnet's provisioning team will be in touch with BT tomorrow to establish what the engineer has reported and what BT Openreach are doing about it.
If there isn't a line there for the engineer to activate, then a new line will have to be provided. That should be a routine task. Hopefully you'll get information tomorrow concerning this.
David
David
Grafter

OK David, thanks for that re-assurance. But i am having difficulty in imagining that BT and/or OpenReach would/will dig up my road to put a new line in !!! and if they did, would it cost ME loadsa money ?
tim
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Plusnet's charge for providing a new phone line is £49.99 (ref Plusnet Talk Price Guide). I assume this applies in normal residential areas. But best wait and see what Plustnet say tomorrow.
David
David
Grafter

Ahh  thats OK then, cause i already paid that !! in the first place    Smiley
But they wouldn't dig the road up  and the foot path,  surely HuhHuh
tim
Grafter

I think it depends on how the lines are delivered from your local green box (distribution point, or DP) to the premises - it'll either be overhead via poles, in which case there'll be no digging, or underground in which case there might be. Either way though I believe that cost is covered by the installation charge.
If there are any additional costs we won't find out what they are until the order is placed, but that's a very rare occurance and you will be advised in full before anything is done.
Grafter

Thanks Matt, well if it is a bad as having to dig up the road !!, i feel sure i would prefer to stay with VM  !!!.
tim