Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISPA Trial - Broadband Premier Option 1

andun84
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

ISPA Trial - Broadband Premier Option 1

I've just signed up for this however it's just occured to me that this trial may not be good for those of us on legacy products which don't allow us to buy additional peak usage but instead we get heavily restricted. I'm on Broadband Premier Option 1. Should I withdraw from this trail as the concession offered is not appropriate for my product or will you be giving those of us on these legacy products additional peak usage allowances?
8 REPLIES 8
matt_2k34
Grafter

Re: ISPA Trial - Broadband Premier Option 1

From PlusNet email:
There are a limited number of test places available so we're offering them on a first come first served basis. Once the testing is over, we'll add 3 months' free broadband to your account.
Because this test will affect the amount of data you'll use, we'll refund up to 30Gb of extra usage for fibre customers, 8Gb for ADSL (the maximum extra usage the program will use is 24Gb for fibre customers, 6Gb for ADSL) after each billing month. To do this we'll need you to raise a ticket via the link below, and we'll process your refund.

Regards
andun84
Rising Star

Thanks for pointing out the information in the email which I had read and over which my query arose. I had specific concerns regarding those of us on legacy products which don't allow for added usage but instead restrict heavily download speeds when we get near our limit so an after billing month solution simply doesn't work in these circumstances and that was what I was querying.
Have you answer for that specific point.
Thanks
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Quote from: Matt_2k34
From PlusNet email:
There are a limited number of test places available so we're offering them on a first come first served basis. Once the testing is over, we'll add 3 months' free broadband to your account.
Because this test will affect the amount of data you'll use, we'll refund up to 30Gb of extra usage for fibre customers, 8Gb for ADSL (the maximum extra usage the program will use is 24Gb for fibre customers, 6Gb for ADSL) after each billing month. To do this we'll need you to raise a ticket via the link below, and we'll process your refund.

Regards

Might be OK if I as a long time customer had the e-mail, but I dont
andun84
Rising Star

Doesn't appear to be using much so not so bothered now. Will continue to monitor my peak time usage to ensure that I don't end up get near my peak time usage allowance. If I do I will shut the app down as I'm still not clear that I will not get heavily restricted as heavy restrictions pratically make the line unusable.
They must only have sent the emails out to some. Perhaps I got one because I'm on the FTTC trial so my line stats are going to look amazing compared to most people in my area who are lucky to get 1mb.
fourfourdevon
Grafter

What is ISPA?  And what's the trial about?  I've received no email from Plusnet about it.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

now how could you say that PN would twist the figures like that?
But Oldjimm I dont hink is on FTTC and he has had one
fourfourdevon, I have a separate thread   with that question  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,93669.0.html and sarky replies from one quarter
passer
Grafter

I am on FTTC, and have registered for the ISPA exercise, and am on Premier Option 1 legacy product. I have gone onto bandwith management almost immediately, and from a steady 34 meg down am now on a steady-ish 1.5 - 2 meg down. Ho-hum.
Should I withdraw from the ISPA, as it seems to not fit? I can't claim back any usage as I'm not charged per meg, and the speeds being recorded in the ISPA exercise are not a true reflection of my actual speed because of the management, so won't reflect well on Plusnet.
I had (perhaps naively) assumed that the bandwidth management would be switched off during the ISPA trial.
Anyone from Plusnet able to advise here?
RyanCouldwell

Hi
I'm currently looking into this, I'll get back to you asap with regards to Legacy products and usage.
Cheers