cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISP Monitoring Solution

scootie
Grafter

ISP Monitoring Solution

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/samknows-labs.php?page=samknows-labs-isp-monitoring-solution
will PN be thinking about working on this project with sam knows as well.
personaly i think getting in there and helping out with this project would be good for plusnet.
i think it would be a good idea to have a sample of PN's customers with these box's on there connection (not for sam knows to monitor but for PN to monitor) it could  then be case of PN having all the data in there hands to pick up and identify faults with the network possibly even before the most techy of customers flag up issues.
one case i think off is the midnight latency on 21cn, the sam knows soultion would of piped this data back to you well before i started to notice the increase in latency why i was gaming on the xbox which then led me to check pings more closely. plus i wouldnt of had to fight to get it seen that it wasnt an exchange issue
i guess am not saying work with sam knows but more of the idea of having these box's they use to monitor people connections as a system to be used in house to help with fault issue's on the PN network
one example of one of plusnets customers allready using this system which helped prove my case it wasnt exchange related my latency problem http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80166.msg654143.html#msg654143
if this data had bein pumped back to you instead of sam knows you would of had the evidence sitting on your desk before i flaged the issue up
5 REPLIES 5
Mand
Grafter

Re:ISP Monitoring Solution

A couple of our customers had some of the original trial boxes. I'll catch up with some people internally and see what the current stance is on this, I agree it could be useful for us though.
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: ISP Monitoring Solution

yup, I still have one of the original boxes on my network
B.
Mand
Grafter

Re:ISP Monitoring Solution

I've asked the relevant peeps internally anyway, so we'll see what they say. Smiley
scootie
Grafter

the only downside looking at it from an end users view would be the fact it might be hard to get fair spread of the diffrent PN packages on the system as i know if i was on value i wouldnt be quick to hand over some of my usage limit to this.
zubel
Community Veteran

I suspect if you were invited to participate, that PN would be happy to 'gift' an amount of transfer to cover it.
B.