Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPV6???

OshB5
Grafter

IPV6???

Hello
Just a thought Is IPv6 active as in can I use it or set it up in any way?
Or does something have to be changed at the ISP end to be able to use it?
Like I said just a thought as I keep seeing it and just wondered?
Thanks Andy
4 REPLIES 4
TORPC
Grafter

Re: IPV6???

I am on the understanding that IPV6 is still in the trial phase see https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/board,70.0.html for more details
PLan
Grafter

Quote from: OshB5
Just a thought Is IPv6 active as in can I use it or set it up in any way?
Or does something have to be changed at the ISP end to be able to use it?

You can use it if you want but if you're not on the Plusnet trial you'll have to use a tunnel from someone like Hurricane Electric.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also recommend the Hurricane Electric IPv6 tunnel !  Cool
Before I tried it I was skeptical of how well a tunneled protocol would perform over my slow 20CN connection.
The reality is that the tunneled IPv6 performance is nearly identical to IPv4, and many websites (including YouTube) seem to be more responsive when accessed via IPv6.
The tunnel is simple to sign up for, and straightforward to setup on a compatible router, and after that it just works  Smiley
If you are keen to learn all about IPv6, then the Hurricane Electric website has training videos and a certification programme, so you can learn IPv6 at your own pace and get  certificate at the end of it.
It as also free, and not tied to your ISP, so you can take your IPv6 addresses with you - if you moved.
OshB5
Grafter

Hi
Thanks you both I might give it a try. Would it by any chance increase my download speed at all?
Unless that is that there may be a chance at begging a place on the trial with Plusnet??  I could have all day and atany time of the day that I can trial it or?  Who do we have to ask or convince? Would it be Chris P by any chance Huh
regs Osh