cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMPORTANT Message Re The Anti Virus XP 2008 Virus

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

IMPORTANT Message Re The Anti Virus XP 2008 Virus

Thanks for the help in my previous thread but i have managed to clear my system of this virus and the following information may be useful in the future to any of you who may have the misfortune to get this damn virus and save you the three days it has taken me to get rid of it. Let me say i have tried everything Spybot, AVG VundoFix and bought Spyhunter 3 and XoftspySE and all say my system is clear but i was still infected then i came across Malwarebytes Anti Malware a Free to try and purchase if you want well not only did this little programme find 190 malware on my computer it completely removed the AntiVirusXP 2008 from my system when all these major companies and high prices could not and that was without parting with a penny  this can be found at  http://www.malwarebytes.org/ ; needless to say i bought the full package which cost me less than half what the others cost at a very reasonable £16.70 worth every penny for constant protection..........
Moderators note by James_H : Please do not use full caps in thread titles. : Forum Rules
7 REPLIES 7
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: IMPORTANT MESSAGE RE THE ANTI VIRUS XP 2008 VIRUS

Good to hear you've sorted your problem out.  Smiley
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Artmo i feel that this great big weight has been removed from my head  Grin
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Sorry if you've answered this question before, but how did you get the problem in the first place?
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Not really sure especially as i had the full version of AVG anti spyware running although i have lost my confidence in the AVG spyware after my recent experience. I wasnt down loading anything at the time it appeared i think i was just browsing but apparently this type of Malware can appear when you least expect it someone called it a drive by malware not sure what that means but i presume you can be browsing and pick it up very dissapointed with AVG letting it into my system i will now be using Malwarebytes in future.
TonyPhotoplus
Grafter

Please go here and you will find information on how to resolve your viruses etc.  There is no catch,  it has all the advice free on how to make your computer safe
http://www.techsupportalert.com/
The advice is excellent and well written
Tony
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: IMPORTANT Message Re The Anti Virus XP 2008 Virus

@TonyPhotoplus
Are you sure your site can remove the 2008 program, it is a little B, read other threads, it has to be a specific remover or a long list of manual deletes
Loombucket
Grafter

Re: IMPORTANT Message Re The Anti Virus XP 2008 Virus

I can heartily endorse Malwarebytes - it's the best single malware remover I've ever found.  That said, I never trust any one single solution - currently the best combination for removal of the sort of malware that gets past the likes of AVG seems to be Superantispyware and Malwarebytes.
Download & install both, update and scan with both in Normal Mode, then reboot into Safe Mode and run both again just to be sure.  It's also a good idea to run Ccleaner beforehand to rid the system of accumulated cr*p (which often harbours the downloaded elements of the malware you're trying to deal with) before scanning - it'll make the scans quicker and often more effective.
N.B.  Remove both when you've finished as there's a danger they'll fight with your existing security software - unless of course you want to replace it with either of them.