cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE9 Release

Mav
Fixes: 515

IE9 Release

Has anyone downloaded and installed this yet?
[quote=Features]Performance improvements
Clean
New Tab page
Notification Bar
One Box
Pinned Sites
Tab enhancements
Web-focused browsing
Windows 7 integration
Trusted
ActiveX Filtering
Add-on Performance Advisor
Compatibility View
Cross-site scripting filter
Domain highlighting
Download Manager
InPrivate Browsing
SmartScreen Filter
Tab isolation and recovery
Tracking Protection
I've had the Beta version installed on one of my W7 (32bit) PCs for some time and liked the download manager and it did seem faster. But I hated the look of it and still mainly use FF.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

12 REPLIES 12
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: IE9 Release

Very wise.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

gswindale
Grafter

Still using the RC version.
Find it generally works quite well.
Denzil
Grafter

Forgive me for being a bit cynical, but isn't "Web-focused browsing" what all web browsers do? Tongue
barky
Grafter

installed it but am unimpressed ... too skinny an interface for me & is tricky to access some features so I won't bother using it ... seems to be set up for very light users in default mode!
as for the better download manager mentioned above, well that's been available for ages with likes of ie7pro
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

So, it seems the general consensus is IE9 is not really witsles and bells.  Still, I like my Firefox.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Downloaded it, tried it and got "Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working" while viewing the IE9 information on Microsoft's website!
Further information: "Windows Data Execution Prevention detected an add-on trying to use system memory incorrectly. This can be caused by a malfunction or a malicious add-on."
I am using Windows 7.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

all is not well with others either  this is a Blog from PocketsGPS Worlds
The release of a new version of Internet Explorer (IE) is always an 'interesting' time. IE is infamous among web designers for being the least standards compliant of all web browsers.
But following the release of IE9 this week, the main issue we have observed seems to be related to a bug in Google Maps API, which we use to display our speedcam submission map, and not the fault of Microsoft. Until Google fix this issue we have had to kludge a fix that forces our site to run in IE8 mode when accessed by IE9 users.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: pierre_pierre
all is not well with others either ...

For example, http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/365983/chrome-update-takes-out-flash
fourfourdevon
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
all is not well with others either  this is a Blog from PocketsGPS Worlds
How is it, exactly that they know its not a bug with IE, but instead Googles fault?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I'm starting to like Chromium, Its pretty fast, Firefox 4 Is just as skinny and dare I say It... Not any faster than the one I use now!!
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Might be of Interest to someone using IE9.
Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) embeds so many features and options  regular users do not know about, that Microsoft has released a free Internet Explorer 9 ebook manual (product guide) that will literally let you discover what the browser has got to offer you. The ebook is divided into different chapters or section, each highlighting a special and unique Internet Explorer 9 feature. Chapters available on the free ebook are: Introduction, containing a brief explanation of what’s new in this latest version as well as a list of performance improvements; Internet Explorer 9 Product Guide for Consumers which might be considered the core of this ebook as it contains a detailed list of features and how to get the best from them; Internet Explorer 9 Product Guide for Developers, a comprehensive mini-guide for developers who wish to know all the goodies coming from the latest HTML5 code; Internet Explorer 9 Product Guide for IT Professionals, an interesting section containing detailed descriptions of the most important Internet Explorer 9. Despite such last section is for IT guys I have to admit that it is very well written. The language it pretty simple and I advice everybody to read it as well as you might learn something new that was not mentioned in the previous chapters!

PDF
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

KISS

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."