cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE Timeouts

Lainie

IE Timeouts

Have been sent to forums by support team - trying to download this: ftp://ftp.ca.com/pub/consumer/apps/2008/0/issdm_en_32.exe It's a newer version of CA security suite - firewall, spam, anti virus, spyware,(had to uninstall old version) but it takes over 2hrs to download and then gets to under the last 20 minutes and I get a timeout message: 'IE cannot download issdm_en_32.exe from ftp.ca.com. The operaton timed out'. It's 91.0MB - transfer rate 11.4Kb/sec. Should it take this long, and if it times  out I thought it should continue from where it left off, but this starts the whole process over again from scratch. Have tried 3 times now with the same thing happening each time.
support team recommend using FTP client or download manager. Could someone please explain how I do this.
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: IE Timeouts

Tried firefox - download speed 230kB/s which is full speed for my connection
Sorry - forgot  :- I am on RIN
Just switched back to PlusNet and the download stalled
back to RIN and full speed again - it's a problem with PlusNet (I am on PAYG so it should be coming down at full speed)
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: IE Timeouts

I think the remote end has resource problems.
I tried this on FireFox and got varying speeds in the 200KB - 500KB range, but with occasional pauses.
The download succeeded - took about 5 minutes.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."