Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE 11 Address Bar

southken
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

IE 11 Address Bar

Does anyone know how or if you can change the address bar for IE11, windows 8.1, so that it shows more address when you click on it.  With windows 7 there were about 15 previous web addresses that would pop up and I think I can remember somewhere you could adjust it, this one only shows 5.  Hope that makes sense!
3 REPLIES 3
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: IE 11 Address Bar

I have 9 showing on mine but can't find out how to change the number displayed.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

http://home.bt.com/techgadgets/internet/eight-timesaving-tips-for-using-internet-explorer-11-in-wind... - tip 6 is only showing 5 - but doesn't show how to add more merely how to delete them
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

it's down to history deletion, auto complete options and search provider restriction settings
basically uncheck delete on exit, check all the auto complete options and then under GPO settings change the search provider restriction to either disabled or not configured
that wont necessarily change the top 5 url list however as soon as you start typing into the address bar it should provide your auto complete options,
bearing in mind you can have up to 100 tabs open and have ie11 set to open multiple tabs at the same time you might find it easier to add extra start tabs than rely on the drop down lists
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you