cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish to leave Plus net please, can i please have my mac number.

vapormatt
Dabbler

I wish to leave Plus net please, can i please have my mac number.

After nearly a year, and costing £32 a month I have to say it hasnt been my  best experience in broadband, first of all when first signing up I was told the regular package with phone will be fine, as it mached my orange Broad band price £20 per month , but with orange it was unlimited with phone, always had a 14MB connection which never varied morning noon and night.
well after a week i could see the standard package was no where near enough, so got upgraded to unlimited but you cant have garenteed speed with unlimited, and sure enough at mouse pace after 10am my connection gets slowed down. this never happened with my orange BB. infact somtimes my mifi on 3 has a faster connection even though the billion 7800n reports a 14mb connection its slow slow slow.
So now my contract draws near i would like my mac number please, and as i cant call during the day through being at work untill six after dialling and calling the plus net thinking of leaving line which is closed after 5.30 i thought this would be the best method.
And yes its a rant, as its cost me another £12.00 a month for a year for a worse broadband service than i had before. wish i had never moved or believed the hype.
so could i please have my mac number, as iam not interested in staying any longer on a slow connection that seems to get worse.
thank you!
15 REPLIES 15
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: I wish to leave Plus net please, can i please have my mac number.

Unfortunately I believe that your only option is to write in using snail mail
BRABUS
Grafter

Surely they can raise a ticket to get their MAC number.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

7. How do I get a key?
You can either:
Call our Customer Options Team on: 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200. Lines are open between 9.00am-5.30pm on weekdays (except Bank Holidays).
Write to us at:
Plusnet Plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU

http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/request_mac_key.shtml
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
vapormatt
Dabbler

Why was my post moved from the broadband forum? or is this just a case of vetting what you want to be seen, which negates the forum system of we want to hear from our customers?
vapormatt
Dabbler

Quote from: Gus
7. How do I get a key?
You can either:
Call our Customer Options Team on: 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200. Lines are open between 9.00am-5.30pm on weekdays (except Bank Holidays).
Write to us at:
Plusnet Plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU

http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/request_mac_key.shtml

so easy to join, yet so hard to leave, should have known!
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Quote from: vapormatt
Why was my post moved from the broadband forum? or is this just a case of vetting what you want to be seen, which negates the forum system of we want to hear from our customers?
Because it wasn't related to your broadband service
Discuss your broadband service, including faults, speed issues and routers.
and it didn't seem to fit into Accounts and Billing either
vapormatt
Dabbler

last time i read the heading of the forum it was broadband and routers, and as i was complaining about my poor broadband connection it seemed to me the perfect place to post?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

This time your post was how to get a MAC code when you can't phone during working hours
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Regardless of where your post has been moved, the definitive answer to your headline question is in reply 3 (Gus).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Heloman
Grafter

Quote from: vapormatt
so easy to join, yet so hard to leave, should have known!

What's so hard?
Either phone in your lunch break or write a brief letter.
Neither is very hard.
vapormatt
Dabbler

I shall be calling, as £32 a month for very poor broadband service is not what i signed up for! as for writing a letter? really, in this day and age, with sign up being so easy and offered over the internet with a click and enter, why is cancelation so hard.  Just typical as it makes it hard for customers to get out i guess. I expect to be listening to music for 20 minutes then tomorrow and going through numerous menu's before anyone awnsers! just before you get cut off to start all over again. Angry
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

you shouldn't be kept waiting too long for the Customer Options Team on the specific numbers, they're there to see if there's any deal they can offer to keep your business (within reasonable restrictions of course), if not they will happily provide your MAC (subject to the advised waiting time).
So many businesses nowadays make it easier to  spend money than to stop, Sky & Virgin will not even let you downgrade online (in contrast to PlusNet) but upgrading is made as easy as possible.
I agree that taking pen to paper to communicate with an ISP does seem a bit like finding a stone tablet and a flint hammer to send a message.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
Sorry to hear you're not happy with the speed of your connection, before you leave why not give us a chance to resolve your problem by contacting our faults team.
If there is any noise on your phone line (crackling, hissing, humming etc) then that will affect your broadband too, if the phone line is clear then we need to investigate as a broadband fault.
You can do this at https://faults.plus.net or by calling the usual support number.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
BRABUS
Grafter

Don't feel like you are being singled out by Jim.  He moves loads of my posts and he always has a good reason, he also takes the time to explain why Smiley