cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want one of these !!_____________________Apple Special Event 23rd October 2012

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want one of these !!_____________________Apple Special Event 23rd October 2012

UK pricing
21.5-inch starting from £1,099. Coming in November.
27-inch starting from £1,499. Coming in December.

There's lots of other stuff too, but I don't need iPad, iPhone, i$$$
TBH I don't really need another iMac !!

The full story...
http://live.macworld.com/2012/10/apple/index.php
(May not be up for long after event closes)
20 REPLIES 20
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: I want one of these !!_____________________Apple Special Event 23rd October 2012

If you do lots of writes to your flash storage, it will be dead in a couple of years.
You would then need a new Apple Core. Grin

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I want one of these !!_____________________Apple Special Event 23rd October 2012

There will be a new iMac out then !!!
Nice line though..
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Better keep wining the lottery then  Cheesy
Anonymous
Not applicable

Again !!!
Grin Grin Grin
The Store is open !!
http://www.apple.com/uk/imac/

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

That`s a lot of money for a WINDOW   Roll_eyes  Grin Grin Grin
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a Window on the World don't forget.
VileReynard
Hero

Try this related You Tube contribution (with sound).  Grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=95TFCQDbXbM

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Quote from: PlusComUK
It's a Window on the World don't forget.

All my WINDOWS look out into the world too.... and much cheaper than that one....  Cheesy
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll bet you don't see much when it's dark outside though !!   Wink
VileReynard
Hero

That reminds me.........
I've got John Lewis coming round to check up on some curtain fitting tomorrow.
So I won't be able to see my Windows.  Cheesy Cheesy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Funnily enough, I buy my iMacs from John Lewis, I get an extended warranty, for free.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Strikes me as a triumph of style over practicality; a bit like those sports cars where only a midget can fit in the rear seats.  You need an optical drive and I would be looking for blu-ray at that price.  You don't need to be continually picking it up and carrying it around so weight isn't really relevant.  If you are unlucky you might need to service some of the parts and the tighter you cram them all together the harder (and therefore more expensive) that is likely to be.   
IanSn
Rising Star

Having been one of those who suffered from the design flaw in previous iMacs (and had some difficulty with Apple in getting the screen-staining problem recognised and fixed) I'm looking at these skinny Macs with interest.
Have they fixed the problem?
I remember people saying you need a floppy drive back in the days when Apple dropped them. We all managed in the end!
I never use the optical drive. Hate them. I've never had a reliable one on any machine.
But yes, I'm worried about it all being crammed in there like that. Its a giant iPad isn't it?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use my optical drives all the time on my iMacs, never had a problem myself.
Mostly as an additional backup to Time Machine, and they are much quicker to write to than any USB drive I have used.
I update data ( and many photo) backups to DVD on a monthly basis, kept off-site.
I also edit home movies and publish using iDVD, to DVD.

Thin as the new iMac is at the edge, they do have a bulge in the back to accomodate electronics.
I think, as always, the best advice is to not be first in the queue to buy one, let the first purchasers do the shake-down and beta testing.