Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I`ve done something........

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

I`ve done something........

I`ve done something,.... and I don`t know what....
but I can`t watch "live" tv on TV Guide .... just get a screen with "Loading" in the middle of it....  Cry

Also... On SAMBA free mobile wifi  ( http://www.sambamobile.com/Home/Samba ; )

Free 3G
Mobile Broadband
Simple. You watch ads. We give you mobile broadband. You get 3.5MB of data for each ad you view. Just buy a SIM or dongle to get started.

The adverts don`t run.....  Cry
Methinks it may be something to do with Java settings, or something like that... but I can`t remember what/if I did anything to stop the ads and the tv playing...
YouTube vids play ok...
any ideas what to look for, and where?  appreciated...
5 REPLIES 5
Razer
Grafter

Re: I`ve done something........

I would agree, it sounds like javascript to me. Can't quite remember, but did you not install ghostery? And perhaps you have NoScript, too. Ghostery may have updated the blocklist, so check that, and check NoScript.
shutter
Community Veteran

Yes, I did install Ghostery... can`t remember what I did on the setup..... tho.... so will go and have a look... something is "niggling" in the back of my mind about a Java update or something in the settings there, too... so will see if I did anything there....
thanks for the comment....  Wink

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT
have re-installed java.... no difference
have checked  ghostery..... no  difference
have "diabled" "Adblock" as an extra on FF...... ads now play on SAMBA MOBILE... so I can build up my "credit" for free WIFI connection on my 3G Dongle.... 
but still can`t watch "live tv" on TV Guide... 
further guesses and info for me to try?????  Please....  Wink
Razer
Grafter

java and javascript are not the same thing, so updating java won't make a difference.
So there are no trackers blocked by Ghostery (you should see a notification in the bottom bar - it's always there anyway and will state how many, if any are blocked). It may be worth noting that merely having addons installed could also cause a problem. I have such a problem with vimeo simply from having NoScript installed. Even when I disable this, videos will not play on vimeo.
Have you tried a test profile with nothing added? To do that, go to the 'Run' dialogue on the start menu (having made sure there are no instances of FF running first). Then type: firefox.exe -P
The profile manager will open and you can create a temporary profile to test. You can repeat the procedure to delete it once your are finished with it. Then you can test the page and add each addon you normally have, one by one, to see if any of them are responsible.
There could also be cookies blocked which the site now requires are accepted, or there could even be a simple issue where some cookies automatically blocked are causing the problem because they are automatically blocked. I have this particular problem with some google pages. I have to at least allow the prompting to occur, but I can still then Deny the cookie. Firefox, shutter, it's just getting screwier and screwier.
shutter
Community Veteran

Hmmm..... tried that but no change....
Following "add-ons are listed as "always activate"
Adobe Acrobat 10.1.7.27
Foxit Reader Plugin for Mozilla 2.2.3402o
Java(TM) platforme SE 7 U25 10.25.2.17
Motive Plugin 1.0.0.23
QuickTime Plugin 7.7.3 7.7.3.0
Shockwave Flash 11.8.800.
Running Firefox 23.0.1
In the haze of my mind, I remember a recent thread and something about auto update on Firefox... which I have cancelled.... something in that haze is linking the non showing of the TV progs starting around that time...  of course, that could be a red-herring.!..  Embarrassed 
As previously mentioned... You Tube videos show with no problem....
Razer
Grafter

So the videos don't play on a fresh profile that has no addons installed at all? I suppose you could always try reverting to a previous version of FF. I am running 23.0.1 and just testing now I can get the video to load and I only have to allow the 'filmon.com' script to run, however, and that only seems to be blocked by NoScript, not Ghostery. I don't allow any other scripts and I don't even accept cookies. Do they play in IE?