I think I found my next router

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I think I found my next router

http://au.billion.com/news.php
Billion launches IPTV-ready Wireless N router for $90
February 8th, 2011
Global networking device company Billion today launches its most competitively-priced IPTV-ready router, the BiPAC 7700N, which includes Wireless N and ADSL2+ performance for just $89.95.
The Billion BiPAC 7700N offers great wireless coverage with its built-in 802.11n Access Point plus the ability to automatically adopt an optimal connection to deliver smooth, constant signal reception – even where obstacles are present.
Wireless N coverage supports data rates as fast as 300 megabits per second (Mbps) and delivers as much as three times the wireless coverage of 802.11b/g.
If the network requires wider coverage, the BiPAC 7700N has a built-in Wireless Distribution System (WDS) repeater function to expand the wireless network without needing external wires or cables. The device also has an integrated four-port 10/100Mbps Ethernet switch.
The 7700N incorporates robust Firewall security to protect Internet access against hacker attacks. The device’s support for Quality of Service and VLAN enables intelligent steaming for HD video or multiple concurrent applications such as music downloads, online gaming, video streaming and file sharing.
Quality of Service (QoS) provides full control of data traffic, enabling the router to prioritise important data like gaming packets, VoIP calls or Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) / streaming content, especially when there’s heavy Internet traffic. VLAN support establishes reliable high-speed transmissions for wide bandwidth applications such as IPTV, Video on Demand or online gaming without consuming bandwidth.
The Billion BiPAC 7700N is available through a national network of resellers supported by Billion’s exclusive Australian distributor, PCRange. Details are at http://www.pcrange.com.au/where_to_buy.php.
PCRange general manager Stewart Goodier said the Billion BiPAC 7700N was the company’s most competitively priced ADSL router that uses the popular Broadcom chipset. “We’re expecting this to be a hot seller because it’s a tremendous value package for less than $90 (£49.99 from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Billion-BiPAC-7700N-Wireless-Firewall/dp/B004WJSRN2),” he said.
Broadcom with SNR adjust and perhaps DMT support (in Australia they say it hasn't but in UK they say it has)
24 REPLIES 24
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: I think I found my next router

If you live in Australia???
pierre_pierre
Grafter

whats Australia got to do with it:
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Well the fact that the price is $89.95, the details are on a web site ending .au and the mention of "Billion's exclusive Australian distributor" were all clues.  However, I see now that it is also available from Amazon.co.uk  . 
Oldjim
Resting Legend

but not apparently this year although that may be a typo given that the Billion UK site says - coming soon
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Unlike the 7800N it doesn't have gigabit ethernet so not for me..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Does it have a glass fibre or WAN connection?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Have you pre-ordered Jim? I have just pre-ordered one, I'm sitting with a Netgear DGN2000 that Is Playing up and two Netgear DGN1000 that are useless, So hopefully this will be a god send.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Not yet - my present router is behaving itself at the moment and I have a cheap D Link as a quick backup
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I hope this will get IPV6 support, Had a look but It says no, But seeing as Its newly released surely at some point It will?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

As the 7800 does support it one can live in hope
The other thing is that from early next year FTTC will be available from my exchange and I will need to decide whether to go for it
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Seemed like a good price for that router plus with me having problems with mine I decided to cut my losses and get this router. I am not Interested In FTTC, ADSL2+ Is doing me just fine.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Decided not to buy this router after all, I went to Argos and bought the Netgear DGN2200, Broadcom chipset etc.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Now available from multiple sources for less than £50
Epyon
Grafter

Can you tweak SNR on this router?