cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I spy with my little eye

St3
Aspiring Champion
Posts: 2,614
Thanks: 500
Fixes: 5
Registered: ‎13-07-2012

I spy with my little eye

Yer so most of you know about windows 10 collecting your data but for those who dont have a wee look at this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQNYQStjJWk ; Crazy
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Posts: 5,894
Thanks: 888
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎23-09-2010

Re: I spy with my little eye

A good reason not to just blindly update software.
nanotm
Pro
Posts: 5,725
Thanks: 124
Fixes: 2
Registered: ‎11-02-2013

Re: I spy with my little eye

which could be a good source of information if the guy actually had a clue,
90% of what he's talking about is the exact same stuff that appeared in the Eula's for every prior OS, the remaining 10% of stuff is things that they have been doing for decades on platforms other than pc/laptop (phone tablet console cloud)
the single biggest problem is MS hasn't actually figured out how to write the EULA now that they have a single software package so instead of working through and putting specific items into specific pages for certain products (phone/tablet/cloud/console) they bungled it in any old order into a single large document.
the ability to snoop on every file (either on your device or in the cloud) has a caveat that this action will only be taken when abuse has been reported (like sending virus laced emails to others) and that's part of the safer internet thing applicable in both EU and USA and some other territories again something that hasn't got all the parts joined up when you read the full eula, and the basic online privacy statement misses out some of the key words,
personally I wouldn't care if they send a detonation signal to every hacker on the planet because they were trying to create or send malicious code to others or use such code to disrupt the lives of others, mostly because i'm not a hacker and such people have already disrupted my life enough without constantly needing to fear them and their nefarious purpose reaching out unseen from somewhere on the ether to do harm to my life in some way, if such a person died due to MS software protection detonating every electronic device in the vicinity of them all at once and leaving the planet with a few thousand mini craters it would be no skin off my nose and would certainly work to make the world a nicer place


just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you