cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to upload a file so I can post a link to it. Any suggestions?

Buggwrit
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I need to upload a file so I can post a link to it. Any suggestions?

Hi,
I apologise in advance if this has been covered elsewhere. I did a quick search for 'online storage' and 'personal storage' but didn't find anything that answered my query :
I need to upload a file somewhere so I can post a link to it in another forum because it exceeds their limit for attachments. It's just under 4mb. I seem to remember when I started my broadband account there was something about so many gigabytes of personal storage in the package. Is this the case and if so can I use it for this purpose and how would I go about it?
4 REPLIES 4
picbits
Rising Star

Re: I need to upload a file so I can post a link to it. Any suggestions?

Possibly use a free service like this ?
https://www.dropbox.com/
shalom2010
Grafter

I use Microsoft's SkyDrive & also Google's Drive, both allow linking/sharing and are free
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I personally recommend google drive, especially with the desktop drive installed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Buggwrit
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thank you all for your suggestions. I was hoping that I might be able to use the free webspace that I thought was part of my Plusnet package but I guess I'll try one of the free sites.
TBH I'm a bit wary of using Google facilites (other than the search engine and Earth as there's very little alternative) following the recent exposure of their data collection activities so I'll probably try one of the other sites.