cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having problems connecting to this site and also to my webspace.

esseff
Grafter

I'm having problems connecting to this site and also to my webspace.

There seems to be a problem connecting to PN and it's also showing up when I connect to my webspace. Your webpages are not loading quickly and my websites never seem to load at all. Everything else is fine as far as connecting to other sites and my overall connection speed.
15 REPLIES 15
esseff
Grafter

Re: I'm having problems connecting to this site and also to my webspace.

Seems to be working again - must've been a temporary glitch as there was nothing on the service status page.
EDIT - spoke to soon!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Expect a service announcement soon I reckon, Im currently with talktalk and had difficulty with Plusnet site myself there, Could be a small hitch though.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
esseff
Grafter

Thanks for that. Hope they sort it out soon.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Yeah they will, Theyre really good at sorting out these kinds of issues.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
thejudge
Rising Star

Portal slow, Community slow, e-mail slow, usenet slow...
...I reckon the hamsters have gone on strike for more lettuce again.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

yes, everything is moving at a snail's pace this afternoon Sad
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Hi guys,
A problem has just been raised internally as we're seeing up to 40% packet loss across one of our London/Sheffield links (ref: 62944). It will be affecting anything hosted in Sheffield e.g. Mail, Web Hosting (excluding CGI), access to the portal, access to Community.
We've shut one of the links down which has helped somewhat but I don't think we're out of the water yet.
I'll get something posted to Service Status...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Would that be affecting the email notification from the RSS feed
Edit - it just arrived
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As Jim's alluded to, the Service Status has since been posted. The problem will have caused some email to be delayed as messages started queuing on the IronPort anti-spam appliances.
[quote author="Service Status"]Access to Sheffield hosted services (62944) - NEW
At around 2.00pm this afternoon we started suffering from moderate levels of packet loss across one of the network links that connect our data centres in London to the services we host in Sheffield.
This will have caused a degradation in service for customers attempting to connect to the services we host in Sheffield.
This includes, but is not limited to, our email platform, website, discussion forums and web-hosting services.
At around 2.45pm we shut down one of the affected routes which has helped the situation, however until the root cause is identified and resolved you may continue to experience problems accessing some of the above resources.
Our engineers are working to restore service and further information will be provided as it becomes available.
Kind Regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Support

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Steve
[Snip] Im currently with talktalk [Snip]

Have you seen: Im Being Monitored/Watched?
TalkTalk is now STalkSTalk
NorthRiding
Grafter

It's now Monday 2 August at 2052 and I am still having issues with email and with accessing the web/internet. Have seen the update which says that things should now be ok but can't load most websites (Plusnet is ok) but have not been able to access any other websites plus some of my emails (hotmail via my plusnet account) do not work.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: NorthRiding
(Plusnet is ok)

If it was anything to do with the problems earlier then you'd be struggling to load both this site and the main Plusnet web site. At the risk of sounding clichéd, have you tried switching of your router and switching it back on again?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

NorthRiding
Grafter

Yep, that's what I couldn't understand but that was the way it was. It all appears to be all ok now. Had been out all day with the system switched off and then I came in shortly before my post, switched on as normal expecting all to be working as normal, and it wasn't . Looked at the Service status first to make sure there wasn't a problem, - saw that there had been a problem and because it wasn't working for me, posted that fact to let someone know that I was having a problem and that perhaps it had not been fixed. I did reboot my PC a couple of times and I was working ok via another wireless link (my friendly neighbour)  but I didn't switch off my router and back on again after all, it was working ok through my router via my friend's wireless link so it looked to me that my Plusnet link was the problem (which it was). How come Plusnet service status and the forum loaded ok and the plusnet emails worked ok but nothing else? Never mind, I am happy that it is all working ok now. Thanks Bob
mikeb
Rising Star

Apart from random dodgy/v.slow loading of the portal, I'm seeing problems with webspace (homepages) and ftp to homepages in particular today.  I have a batch/script that grabs logfiles and processes them automatically each day.  It's been running just fine for several months ... until today. Now  I am getting fairly frequent errors, presumably down to connections being refused and/or dropped for one reason or another Sad
The following is somewhat irrelevant as the messages are obviously *very* specific to the batch/script and the programs that I'm actually using but something is a tad screwed somewhere and this end most certainly doesn't like it ! I've NEVER seen any problems whatsoever at any time in the past.
Getting Logfiles From Server ..........
www.[my_force9_account].force9.co.uk.0.gz:                         5.43 kB 86.81 kB/s
www.[my_force9_account].force9.co.uk.1.gz:                         7.37 kB 117.89 kB/s
Passive mode refused.
Could not read reply from control connection -- timed out.
ncftpget /logs/*.gz: timed out while waiting for server response.

I'm also seeing various files that I have hosted on my webspace failing to load when linked to from various websites.  Again, this would appear to be indicative of refused/dropped connections to homepages and/or on the PN network in general and/or some other general access problem from the outside world.
I'm well aware of the service.status ... but contrary to what's being said, the problem(s) that apparently still do exist with the PN network ARE customer-affecting and most certainly ARE noticeable.
Having said that, I didn't seem to have any particular problems getting here and there aren't many more mail server errors than I would usually expect.to see ... but either homepages isn't a happy bunny or something apparently doesn't really want to let peeps connect to it !

B T Plusnet, a bit kinda like P T Barnum ...

... but quite often appears to feature more clowns Tongue