Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I`m Plumb Stuck with this problem !

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Re: I`m Plumb Stuck with this problem !

@TeeGee  I agree .... great idea.. but.... I`m not a plumber... so will have to wait until the missus says we can allow one in the house to do the job !..

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I remember doing my odd kitchen taps. Round tops but only turn a little bit to shut off. Found later I could have just replaced a valvey bit but the tops were looking a bit grubby and screw fix were doing a complete inside as it were including the tops. It was cheap easy to do and it made the taps look like new. The replacement inners are still good and have lasted much longer than the originals.

When they were dripping I had to open and close several times to find the least drip.

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

@TeeGee 

Indeed, and have done most plumbing jobs m'self and isolation valves really are a must and make life so much easier. So much easier now with those small in-line ones.

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

@Minivanman 

Yes you have reminded me of those old days. I had to isolate the whole upstails to refit a bathroom using a huge old style brass tap. That was the easy bit. It was a cast iron bath that got stuck on the bend half way down the stairs. It took four rugby forwards to shift it several weeks later!

My father gave me a hand and the real classic was the look on his face when the very nice sales lady helped me choose the bath by asking how many adults would be in it together!!

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@TeeGee wrote:

... That was the easy bit. It was a cast iron bath that got stuck on the bend half way down the stairs. It took four rugby forwards to shift it several weeks later!

I remember many years ago removing cast iron baths by first smashing them into pieces with a sledgehammer.

They'd probably have been worth a bob or two nowadays.

Oh well.  Roll_eyes

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

I have a friend who smashed a cast iron bath in the bathroom. The bath broke with the final blow, which also brought down the ceiling of the kitchen directly underneath,

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'