Fixes: 20

Re: I just bought my first 4k tv

Do you have a 4K DVR? Evil

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

@gleneagles Which soundbar do you have ? I was looking at this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-LAS355B-Channel-Wired-Woofer/dp/B01FMKT42W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=149330...

But im not sure about getting one ... i mean are they really worth the extra coin ?

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

depends what you're watching.
if it's just broadcast TV then probably won't make a jot of a difference other than being "louder" than the built-in speakers.

if you watching blu-ray with HD audio then a soundbar will make things sound a bit better, but never going to be anywhere near as good as a proper amp and speakers.

as for this soundbar, at £89 i doubt it's going to blow anyone's socks off.
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@St3 wrote:

But im not sure about getting one ... i mean are they really worth the extra coin ?

Not if you want them to be noticed, there's an LAS350B in my picture Funny

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@VileReynard

No, it's a fairly old PVR.

@St3

LG SH6.

We both need something loud at our age.......but no matter what sound bar you get if actors are whispering or muttering it will still not make what they say clear......only the very young appear to hear that, if you are in that group you do not need a sound bar.

Smiley

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

As I've mentioned before elsewhere purchasing a 4K Blu-ray player can lead to disappointment as many players advertised as 4K don't in fact natively play 4K Blu-ray movies but are standard Blu-ray players with 'up-scaling to near 4K' built in.

The up-scaling built into the 4K TV is usually better.

True native 4K Blu-ray players are currently quite expensive and there aren't many of them....last time I looked but the situation is changing quickly.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine