cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant seem to know how to Limit wifi on one of the worst modems ever the TG582n/Software:8.4.5.J

Light

I cant seem to know how to Limit wifi on one of the worst modems ever the TG582n/Software:8.4.5.J

Can anyone help me with this i explained it at the top and if you could thank you

11 REPLIES 11
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: I cant seem to know how to Limit wifi on one of the worst modems ever the TG582n/Software:8.4.5.

Welcome to the forums @Light 

What do you mean by 'limit the wifi'?

Also, the firmware you have is out of date - have you just acquired this router from somewhere, or have you had it a while? PN no longer supply this router with new connections.

John
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: I cant seem to know how to Limit wifi on one of the worst modems ever the TG582n/Software:8.4.5.

Light

no i havent been able to do a software update *None for my model* and i want to limit the wifi since my young brother keeps opening youtube and i need good wifi to play cs:go kinda childish i know

Light

nope didint work sadly thank you though Smiley

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@MatthewWheeler  - can you help the OP? Or do you no longer maintain the 582n?

John
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Light wrote:

i want to limit the wifi since my young brother keeps opening youtube and i need good wifi to play cs:

I`m no expert.... but I don`t think you can "limit" your brother`s usage, and prioritse your own usage of the wifi signal..... Which is what you seem to be wanting do, from the above statement.

The only way you can do that, is to get hold of all his devices, and only let him have them, when you don`t need to play CS ! . Roll_eyes

Light

Thing is he likes to "control" the internet basically wines at everything when i disable it so if i limit it he would think the internet is just acting up and not being good but my router is so old it cant even do that perfect....

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Get a wired connection for yourself - better latency, faster speeds and more reliable.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Light wrote:

Thing is he likes to "control" the internet basically wines at everything when i disable it so if i limit it he would think the internet is just acting up and not being good but my router is so old it cant even do that perfect....

Unfortunately that's brothers for you!

We weren't fortunate to have the Internet when I was a kid/living at home but the same sort of problems used to occur with shared things such as bikes, train-sets etc., so unless you can get a better router from somewhere maybe you'll have to just suck it up.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

We weren't fortunate to have the Internet when I was a kid/living at home but the same sort of problems used to occur with shared things such as bikes, train-sets etc.

Black and white TV, with 1, 2, 3 and * as channels options;)

If you'd have told me then that one day a computer would connect to the world, I've have laughed my head off! (then hid due to the impending alien invasion)

Back then, there were trees to climb, brooks to jump, bikes to 'borrow' (postman's bike was fun, but gave it back), Hornby trains and mud to eat/throw/build, knock-a-door-run.

Anyone nowadays would think kids don't exist, no ropes from trees, banks overgrown, all bikes stolen and broken for parts, train sets in collectors hands, houses on all the playgrounds and cameras/alarms/barbed wire now.

Oh well;)

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Back in the days of VHF broadcasting, we could only get BBC1 & ITV. Cry

Then the council erected a massive TV aerial and ran a wire around several hundred houses on the council estate and magically everyone got BBC1, BBC2 & ITV!

Still don't know how one aerial could supply so many houses.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."