cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot get a decent FTP connection , and i like to Upload via FTP to my Web Space

timmytoad
Grafter

I cannot get a decent FTP connection , and i like to Upload via FTP to my Web Space

Hi all, i have three separate Web Spaces, just recently i have been unable to UpLoad any thing. Failed Connection to all 3 !

I am using a Mac Book Pro installed with both Rapidweaver for making nice web sites and also have Yummy FTP Pro which doesnt upload everything.

The HTTP side of the Internet is OK.

The FTP part is rubbish, does anyone have any suggestions what i can do to diagnose and hopefully fix this problem ?

BTW, my Web Spaces are not hosted with Plus Net !

Tim

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: I cannot get a decent FTP connection , and i like to Upload via FTP to my Web Space

Connect your computer to your phone and use ftp via your mobile data. If you can upload that way then you know you have a problem with plus net. Otherwise it might be your computer.  

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
timmytoad
Grafter

Re: I cannot get a decent FTP connection , and i like to Upload via FTP to my Web Space

@7up  Hi buddy, that is the most sensible suggestion i have had all week, BUT how on earth would i do that ?

Tim

Anonymous
Not applicable

@timmytoad - Do you not have access to a terminal so you can use the CLI FTP client directly?

timmytoad
Grafter

@Anonymous  Hi Mook, sadly i dont know of any Terminal  !,  see below, i did it a different way. still have the problem !!

Tim

timmytoad
Grafter

@Anonymous     Hi Mook, i spoke to the Apple Support people today, Apparently me having no FTP is not there problem, it is a problem with my Software !   they made a sensible suggestion, create a Second user account on the same Lap Top and run the same software on that.

I did this and sure enough the Yummy FTP program worked perfectly, which now points towards a Software problem. So i STILL have to track this down, although one of my Hosts tells me i am not entering the correct FTP credentials. I can only FTP to this host in the original account, because i cannot work out YET how to share the software (RAPIDWEAVER)

Tim

timmytoad
Grafter

@7up Hiya buddy, an alternative to your brilliant suggestion, was me visiting the App Store on my iPhone5S and get a FTP program from the App store and hey presto it worked perfectly straight away.

Plus Net did tell me that i didnt have any problems with my Connection.

Tim

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

You can't always believe a word plusnet say to be honest - but they're at least decent enough to let us slate them on their own forums lol. I suspect that will one day change when BT decide to completely takeover but at present we're allowed to say what we like about them.

I read above that you got it working on your mac... great news. Sorry i can't help more though as i've never used a mac but at least you know that its your end and not the man in the middle.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @timmytoad - If you don’t know of any Terminal then maybe this way isn’t for you but I assume the MacBook is similar in operation to my iMac. So to get a Terminal use :

LaunchPad > Other > Terminal

Once you have the Terminal open you can do anything you want with your MacBook but you may want to do some reading first, as you really should know what you’re typing and why.