Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am glad I moved from PAYG

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I am glad I moved from PAYG

Just downloading the latest Windows Critical Updates (Vista 64 bit, Office 2003) 37.3MB - sheesh  Crazy
3 REPLIES 3
Trebor
Grafter

Re: I am glad I moved from PAYG

Microsoft don't do us any favours in terms of PAYG do they.
Just bought a laptop for a friend and set it up for him using my internet connection, I daren't look at my usage with all the updates needed to get his OS up to date  Undecided
Pancho
Grafter

Being an older person who does not have to go to work I find I get up earlier than ever; when I did go to work I had a job to get up. However, even though I now get 15Gb of data allocation, I still use my 'free' data time to do all those updates that you mention. So just get up early before 8pm and do it then and it will not impact your data allocation one bit. I know you have just installed that system and want to update it there and then but you don't really have to. Wait until the morning or, if you are a late night person, do it after midnight.
dgdclynx
Grafter

I am the same as Pancho, on legacy PAYG with 2GB, and I download my iPlayer programmes and do my routine round of websites and newsgroups before 8 every morning. That way I only need 1 GB/month as I seldom surf.