Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am annoyed - KIS 2015

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I am annoyed - KIS 2015

Ordered and just received KIS 2015 3 user 1 year at what I thought was a good price
Just seen this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kaspersky-Internet-Security-Multi-Device/dp/B00M8VJQI6/ref=sr_1_2?s=software...
Cheaper than I paid for 3 user and 5 user to boot
13 REPLIES 13
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: I am annoyed - KIS 2015

Price cuts are the normal Jim. Usually just after I have waited and got something at what was then a good price.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Yeah, but if you only want 3 from Amazon their price goes up from £24.99 to £28.88 (and the 1 device, 1 year  option is £27.72). Crazy
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: w23
Yeah, but if you only want 3 from Amazon their price goes up from £24.99 to £28.88 (and the 1 device, 1 year  option is £27.72). Crazy
(I wonder if you'd get away with buying 5 and not using them all  Cheesy )

Oops, must have clicked 'quote' instead of  'modify'
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I renewed my KIS last November directly from Kaspersky as they had the best deal.
A week later Amazon had a better deal....it's a no win situation.
Two weeks ago I bought an 8GB stick of memory from Crucial.
This week I bought another identical stick from Crucial for £2.50 less.
Swings and roundabouts...
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

<<Smug grin>>
I've got a Barclays Bank account  -  you can download KIS 2015 for nowt.
KIS is good, but gets more processor hungry with each release.
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

KIS is very hungry. I used Norton for many years, since about 2002 I think, even through the bad years when others were complaining of resource issues which I never seemed to have.
For a change I got KIS 2014 after reading magazine reviews but as you've found I also suffered startup issues where it was coffee time till it settled down.
I got a free copy of the latest Norton Security, not Norton Internet Security, which is a totally new product for 2015 and so far so good. I've also noticed the lack of issues being posted on the Norton forums compared with NIS 2012 and 2013. I ran with NIS 2011 up to KIS 2014 and now NS.
Also, Norton are more on the ball with Firefox as I was always 2 FF versions behind because the KIS addons wern't compatible for ages.
For me, unless something happens this year I'll pay the extra and stick with Norton I think.
Let's be careful out there !
ArthurDent
Grafter

I came away from Kaspersky for the reason others have mentioned, but after an abortive trial of McAfee/PlusNetProtect I've come back to it.
A month or two ago ComputerActive mag had a KIS offer of 3PCs for 2yrs for £39.99. Don't know if they are still pushing it. Total Kaspersky cost a few bucks more.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

i went the other way after the problems with Norton in 03 i haven't used them since, i went over to using avg and then kapersky and in the last 6 years I've been using mcafee (since its free via a paid service that costs a lot less than an annual sub)
only one of the machines in my house cant run mcafee (because its ancient with a tiny amount of ram) but all the rest can, sure it borked my pc just like others but a quick format and reinstall from backup that was only a few hours old wasn't a real problem just meant i wasn't playing a game for an hour /
strange then that i started off with mcafee in 1998 and went off them in favour of Norton  and now i wouldn't touch Norton with a barge pole, and years back when i used it (paid for) Kaspersky messed up my files and refused to let me play games i gave up trying to use it after 9 months went over to the free mcafee option (via msn for 8 systems and 3 systems with btprotect, later i moved to plusnet and used there option for 8 systems and msn's for the remaining 2)
i guess like most software things its personal experience that creates preference and i'll probably change products in the future just as i have in the past based primarily on price and reviews /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
matthews
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I know that obviously security isn't something to take lightly, but if anyone is looking for a free alternative then Microsoft actually have their own (that they bought a few years back) called Security Essentials. It's available for Vista and Windows 7 and is actually built in and enabled by default in Windows 8 onwards.
I've had it as my sole virus scanner for a few years now and have found that it picks up everything it's needed to and seems very lightweight compared to the rest of the commercial offerings out there.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Have a look at http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Kaspersky-Internet-Security-Multi-Device/product/B00M8VJQRW

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Plus £2.98 minimum shipping but still a very good deal - and a lot better then where I started
What I didn't add to my original post was
Ordered 2 x 3 user but received 2 x 5 user - contacted the seller and was told to keep them
lemming
Grafter

Similar thing happened to me switching ISP recently.  Realised only after applying that I paradoxically could have got  got a better discount simply by using the Money Savings Expert clickthrough.  And after the closing date, along came an even better direct offer.  Wink