cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am NOT best pleased with BT, NO problem with +Net .....

timmytoad
Grafter

I am NOT best pleased with BT, NO problem with +Net .....

"no line plant, which means they cant indemnify the routing from the DP to your property"
That is the feed back i got from Plus Net support when the BT engineer FAILED to turn up this morning i only found this out after phoning the support line 1 hour after the 1pm deadline, you would not believe the stuff i have stacked in the middle of my lounge in preperation for the BT man visit !!
However is it possible that due to this alleged inability for BT to connect my Line  i will be unable to use Plus Net ????
tim
6 REPLIES 6
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: I am NOT best pleased with BT, NO problem with +Net .....

Hi Tim,
Yes, without a line we can't provide broadband. I see our agent has advised we will update you as soon as we know more.
Jojo Smiley
timmytoad
Grafter

Oh yes i realise that, but i know for a fact that there WAS a fully functional BT phone line  to my property before i moved over to Virgin Media quite a number of years ago. How can they loose it ?. I would have thought there is something they could plug into my old BT socket inside the house to send a pulse or whatever to the Cabinet or Cabinets in my area.
tim
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It depends though - we've seen situations where the BT wire has been cut and the socket moved down as part of a cable installation, then the hole through the wall used for the cable connection. Also it might be that during the years you didn't have a BT line that it was disconnected at the other end i.e. at the cabinet or at the exchange.
Unfortunately there's no way of knowing how the line was disconnected I'm afraid.
If you could advise of a ticket ID we'd be happy to take a look and try and get things moving for you?
timmytoad
Grafter

Thanks Matt, my "problem" seems to be well in hand at the Plus Net Support Site, who are doing dammed fine job trying to sort me out !.
tim
sxrostron
Grafter

I do sympathise. When we moved to PlusNet they did a fine job of routing a cable over 3 doorways into an upstairs office and messed up fixing the new fibre modem.
In the end, my husband got the carpet up, rerouted the cable and moved the screws behind the fibre modem.
PlusNet were marvellous but the switch on process was badly let down by BT Openreach.
timmytoad
Grafter

yeah Plus Net are GREAT, shame about the TV advert !!!
tim