Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hudl - Hide the Navbar?

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Hudl - Hide the Navbar?

Anyone have any recommendations / experience for a simple app to hide the navbar on a Hudl?
There seems to be a plethora of apps for this but reading comments some clearly don't work on all devices.
2 REPLIES 2
billnotben
Community Veteran

Re: Hudl - Hide the Navbar?

No one?
Well in the end here's what I did briefly.
No simple app but simple enough.
I had already rooted it using kingo root. Straightforward enough.
Got rid of that damned startup ting. Just renamed that particular media file (stuck .disabled on the end of it).
Did the same to get rid of the startup bright white Hudl logo. This leaves a not so bright "ANDROID" with a light pulse running rhythmically along it. At least with that it looks like something is actually happening and when you see the pulse stop you know loading has finished.
Then I went to XDA and downloaded Xposed Framework and installed that followed by Ultimate Dynamic Navbar.
That was it. Now the navbar does what I want. Disappearing after a set time or swipe. And no Tesco "T" either.
And Xposed Framework gives me access to a whole raft of other modules besides UDN.

----------------------------------------
And I have to add the navbar now feels slicker and more positive.
Previously I had the distinct impression that I had to touch slightly below centre on the navbar buttons for them to register. Now, even though I've adjusted the navbars width to slightly less than what it used to be, it doesn't miss a beat.
I didn't see any point in going for a full screen mod as most games already hide the (much narrower less intrusive) notification bar as do a lot of apps.

billnotben
Community Veteran

Re: Hudl - Hide the Navbar?

With Xposed Framework installed another must have module is Obb on SD. Just what's needed to move those gigantic obbs to your sd card and save on precious device memory.
As the blurb says:-
"Module Obb on SD attempts to make it seamless - just enable module, reboot and move obb's to SD card (to same folder: Android/obb) - that's that. No need to enter any path or whitelist/blacklist any app. Do you want to only move Obb from Grand Theft Auto? Then only move that obb. Obb on SD will detect "obb on SD" and enable hooks only for this single game."